• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Boateng signs for MK Dons

SGF

I thought his contract was a free release clause if we didn’t go up so he would be out of contract now but the club could try to get something as he is under 24 so it will be interesting if they can.

I maybe wrong but if this is the case then questions need asking.
Questions don't need asking because no player has this clause anymore. Hiram was out of contract, rejected a new deal and we are now due compensation as he's under 24.

Last edited:

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sorry to see him go, his injury gave him a patchy last season for us and I'm sure he's got loads more to offer, quality player good luck Hiram!

Stelios

Whether or not we are a weaker squad depends on how the youngsters progress. If Matt Jay builds on last season he has potential to offer more of a regular goal scoring threat than Hiram. Equally there is talk of Archie playing further forward and who knows how good he could become.
I would like to see this happen and have Archie playing further forward. MT said he'd played his youth football further forward than the role he played in the 1st team last season. We'll know if he does well for us by seeing whether he joins MK in the future......... (facepalm)

Players come and go and Boateng is not irreplaceable but he was a good player for us.

Angus

He had some good games but he was also on matching wages. I'm pleased he's gone.

dontpassback

Good player,but consistently inconsistent not helped by injuries,so thanks Hiram and good luck with franchise F.C.

Angus

It just shows that players play for the manager. Paul could have been in talks with him and others affecting the later stages of last season. I'm pleased he's gone, and pym when he goes. It's time for Taylor to build his own friendship without the smell of Paul in the dressing room. It's time for him to build his own legacy with his own friends on the pitch.

Good riddance to all who was Paul's friend.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
No doubt he's a good player at this level and still relatively young. When he was on his game he dominated but never could perform for the 90. Tisdales scouting network is obviously **** as he never seems to sign players other than those he knows.

150k is the figure I have in my head.

Ashford Grecian

Sorry to see him go, his injury gave him a patchy last season for us and I'm sure he's got loads more to offer, quality player good luck Hiram!
Totally agree I think he his best days are still ahead of him...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
MK Dons appear to have offered £75k.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'm truly shocked that an Exeter fan on Twitter in reply to a Hiram tweet, said "F*** off and eat bananas".

Last edited: