• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City V Oldham Athletic Prediction thread

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tense 1-0 win. Nicky Law penalty.

andrew p long

Two games back someone (Indomike?) said that six points from 12 available would probably be enough. Which would mean that we now need five points from two games . Which is about right but of course to get any more than four requires two wins.

A simple way of looking at it is - we need to win both games and hope that Newport don’t win all three of theirs.

PeteUSA

A simple way of looking at it is - we need to win both games and hope that Newport don’t win all three of theirs.
Exactly. And I dont think Newport will win all three. They've only just come into the playoffs reckoning and haven't been that good thus far. We just need to win our two and I think we'll do it.

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Two games back someone (Indomike?) said that six points from 12 available would probably be enough. Which would mean that we now need five points from two games . Which is about right but of course to get any more than four requires two wins.

FIVE points from two games? That will take some doing!! ;)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
2 wins will be enough. 1 win 1 draw would probably be.

2-2
Law and Bowman
Att 5711

IndoMike

Did I say that?

Oldsmobile-88

3,421 shy of 100,000 aggregate for the season.Should be a crowd of around 4,500.

A difficult game expected.

geoffwp

With the best will in the world I just cannot see us getting a play off place, starting with Oldham. I think it will be a draw and we will be out of those qualification places by 5pm and can't see us getting it back. We just haven't been consistent enough and we aren't on a good run; last 6 games 21st place while Oldham are 2nd. I'd love it if it turns out differently, lack of consistency at least means we could end up tonking them 4-0 but I'm not into la la land fantasy tonight.

fred binneys head

I am, 3-0 to City.

IndoMike

With the best will in the world I just cannot see us getting a play off place, starting with Oldham. I think it will be a draw and we will be out of those qualification places by 5pm and can't see us getting it back. We just haven't been consistent enough and we aren't on a good run; last 6 games 21st place while Oldham are 2nd. I'd love it if it turns out differently, lack of consistency at least means we could end up tonking them 4-0 but I'm not into la la land fantasy tonight.
I kind of agree wth you. Somehow there doesn't seem to be enough momentum or push for play-offs / promotion. I think we know in our hearts that we're not quite good enough.
But, it's football, and anything can happen. We might find that sweet spot and beat both Oldham and FGR.
I hope City can win 2-1 and that the attendance is above 5k.