• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jayden Stockley

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Posted twice as a result of the feckin' useless edit facility. :mad:
Tell me about it. I am surprised that nobody from Exeweb management has organized fixage of this ongoing problem, which several posters have been complaining about for yonks.
Although Exeweb is a non-profit organization and provides a very good service, we are in effect customers and our complaints should be heeded. Many a time
I have wasted time trying to handle the impact of the faulty "edit" function.

IndoMike

I read Spoonz as saying the math is not a simple:

PNE sale proceeds say £3,750,000 less paid to ECFC £750,000 = £3,000,000 X 20% = £600,000 payable to ECFC

Instead it is

PNE sale proceeds say £3,750,000 x 20% = £750,000 less already paid to ECFC £750,000 = NIL ;(

Seems very unfair to me and not 20% of PNE's true profit but if that is the formula agreed so be it.[/QUOT
In my opinion it would be
Preston sells for 3.75m
Preston makes 3m profit
City receives 3m x 20% = 600k (as per your post above)

But I don't think there was a sell-on clause.
PS. I will not try to EDIT this post

Spoonz Red E

My maths was:
If PNE sell Jayden for £3.75m then 20% of that would be £750k which they've already paid over to us. (as per the practicalities of the Ollie and Ethan sell on arrangements)
So, if, and it may be a big if, there was a 20% sell on clause we would only start receiving more money on a sale of over £3.75m

Last edited:

PeteUSA

Well I guess I'm in the minority about Stockleys attributes and ability. He was playing in a lowly scottish outpost prior to him signing for us. He became extremely popular in his time with us, but he wasnt pulling up any trees when he was paired with Reubin Reid from day one. Obviously something had to give with that arrangement since Stockley and Reid never played on the same page. Based on what I saw of the total Tisdale lashup of playing the pair in virtually the same position, I much preferred Reid, and was disappointed that he was compelled to leave. Re: Stockley, I know he scored a fair few goals for us, but they were largely from headers. I saw nothing to suggest he was capable of a noteworthy goal with his feet. Many that he scored were opportunistic, with him cracking in rebounds and the like. I likened him to Andy Carroll regarding similarities: He could certainly header a ball like Carroll, but his shooting ability wasnt really put to the test. I wish him all the luck in the world though; he seems a hell of a nice bloke who didnt mind mixing with the fans, particularly the younger ones at autograph signing get togethers. That said, I dont value him on much more than the deal we had with him. All these suggestions of the millions he going to sell on for in the future are wishful thinking IMHO. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
All these suggestions of the millions he going to sell on for in the future are wishful thinking IMHO. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Will be interesting to see how he does. Like you, and I think many others on here, I thought the Championship might be a step too far for Jayden but he has made a good start. As for Reuben he is barely starting, let alone scoring, for Forest Green at the moment.

Stelios

I actually agree with some of that Pete. I was a fan as soon as he first turned up for ECFC. But no, I didn't think he would score 50 in less than 100 games. He just seemed to have 'something'. He got some awful stick at times from some City fans though. Slow, headers to no one etc but he had to deal with some rotten service at times too and was often isolated. It wasn't all plain sailing.

Mentioned it before but I thought Gary Alexander was a better footballer and finisher. But he wasn't as big as Stockers.

But the stats don't lie and as long as he keeps banging them in you can't argue with it. He's got height and strength, works his nuts off and doesn't shirk a battle. His only downside is his total lack of pace. But if he keeps on turning up in the right place at the right time who know where he can go? Tremendous finish from him against QPR. Full of confidence. Struggling Premier League teams all seem to suffer from lack of goals so if he starts scoring for PNE one or two Prem clubs will be having a look.

IndoMike

My maths was:
If PNE sell Jayden for £3.75m then 20% of that would be £750k which they've already paid over to us. (as per the practicalities of the Ollie and Ethan sell on arrangements)
So, if, and it may be a big if, there was a 20% sell on clause we would only start receiving more money on a sale of over £3.75m
Well, there are two interpretations, and ours are different.

Colesman Ballz

My maths was:
Excuse me if I am being thick Spoonz but Shirley the standard 20% sell on fee equals 20% of everything over the fee paid a player. So if we take a fee of £750k and the player is subsequently sold for £850k it would amount to £20k but if the sell on fee was £3,750,000 it would be £600,000 ? (boffin)

Or as it is late at night have I just been whooshed ?

LOG

Tell me about it. I am surprised that nobody from Exeweb management has organized fixage of this ongoing problem, which several posters have been complaining about for yonks.
Although Exeweb is a non-profit organization and provides a very good service, we are in effect customers and our complaints should be heeded. Many a time
I have wasted time trying to handle the impact of the faulty "edit" function.
Heaven forbid that you wouldn't find the answer on a thread about Jayden Stockley rather than one where you'd been moaning.

http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?59993-Editing-function/page4

Time to waste doesn't seem to be a problem you really suffer from, btw.

IndoMike

Heaven forbid that you wouldn't find the answer on a thread about Jayden Stockley rather than one where you'd been moaning.

http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?59993-Editing-function/page4

Time to waste doesn't seem to be a problem you really suffer from, btw.
Another pathetic response from you, Log. The last time you tried it your comment was rejected by other posters. It seems that it is you who has time to waste, if all you can do is continue to be obsessed with criticizing my points. Of course you yourself never give an opinion : too afraid that your own view might get criticized? Nothing worse than a person who hides behind the sofa throwing stones but doesn't have the ballz to stand up and be counted. Very creepy.

Last edited: