• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Watkins brought down in penalty area. Brentford score resulting penalty

The deluder

Dive! Dive! Dive!

StroudGrecian

Made himself a few friends in Leeds :)

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Made himself a few friends in Leeds :)
The same ones that are friends with Matt Grimes mum presumably?

Last edited:

Stelios

I was one of those who thought if Ollie had a storming season he might be in the reckoning for an England call up but judging by today he is well short of that.

Managed to watch a bit of this game on Sky. Played at a furious pace with loads of pressing from Leeds. A few times Ollie wanted to take his time on the ball but this was impossible. He did a few nice things but he looked off the pace a bit or overran/miss-controlled things a few times too.

There are some quality players in the Championship and although he didn't disgrace himself he is still way down the pecking order for an England call up in the foreseeable future. (Not that he should be expected to!)

Very much a work in progress still.

J-Han

I was one of those who thought if Ollie had a storming season he might be in the reckoning for an England call up but judging by today he is well short of that.

Managed to watch a bit of this game on Sky. Played at a furious pace with loads of pressing from Leeds. A few times Ollie wanted to take his time on the ball but this was impossible. He did a few nice things but he looked off the pace a bit or overran/miss-controlled things a few times too.

There are some quality players in the Championship and although he didn't disgrace himself he is still way down the pecking order for an England call up in the foreseeable future. (Not that he should be expected to!)

Very much a work in progress still.
I'd say that's probably more to do with Leeds' style of play under Bielsa than to do with Ollie's ability. He is a work in progress, but for the Championship he's generally very well suited - there's a reason Palace, Southampton and Bournemouth are sniffing around him.

Corey

I'd say that's probably more to do with Leeds' style of play under Bielsa than to do with Ollie's ability. He is a work in progress, but for the Championship he's generally very well suited - there's a reason Palace, Southampton and Bournemouth are sniffing around him.
Also he’s just coming back from an injury which may have played a part.

fred binneys head

Dean smith appointed villa manager tonight - big bid for Ollie coming? Have villa got enough money?

andrew p long

Dean smith appointed villa manager tonight - big bid for Ollie coming? Have villa got enough money?
Bad news methinks. Everything was going so well...

Stelios

Bad news methinks. Everything was going so well...
Strikes me as a bit of a "Gary Rowett type move". First 'big' club to flutter their eyelids at him and he's gone.

Shame for Ollie I think.

Brentford to get Warburton back?