• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Serious question: Exeter and its environs

B

Bastin-Stander

Rather like the 'name your own club' threads on Confguide, I'd like to put forward Exmouth as a potential residence. I have to say that since we moved here two and a bit years ago I'm not sure I'd want to move back to Exeter - I hate the congestion and hate the pace. Exmouth, to me, has a much more leisurely approach to life, and me and the family love it here.
Id have to put forward areas like Heavitree in Exeter, that would suit your budgit and it's not really rough etc etc etc. Exmouth is not the greatest place in the world, in fact id hate to live their and ive always thought that.
Avoid 'Wonford' and 'Beacon heath' like the plague. Exwick may also be ok for you.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Exmouth is not the greatest place in the world, in fact id hate to live their and ive always thought that.
I always thought the same, to be honest. However, as with most places there are good bits and bad bits, and we think we found a good bit in Exmouth. Now we've been here a couple of years it's difficult to think of a reason why we'd want to move back into Exeter.

B

Bastin-Stander

I always thought the same, to be honest. However, as with most places there are good bits and bad bits, and we think we found a good bit in Exmouth. Now we've been here a couple of years it's difficult to think of a reason why we'd want to move back into Exeter.
Well you described Exeter as 'too fast' somewhere in the thread, its hardly New York is it :p

If Exeter is 'fast' then Exmouth must move backwards! I know roughley where you live in the new estate which is near where my Nan lives, its quite nice their but still would never consider living their (just my opinion) too many chavs hang around KFC in the town centre!

Antony Moxey

Well you described Exeter as 'too fast' somewhere in the thread, its hardly New York is it :p
Hahaha - you're right of course. But rather than Exeter being fast, I prefer that Exmouth has an easier pace about it and seems more relaxed. I agree about the town centre bit, but then most town centres are the same so I don't think its particularly an Exmouth problem

B

Bastin-Stander

I agree about the town centre bit, but then most town centres are the same so I don't think its particularly an Exmouth problem
Mostly the ones by the sea for some reason ^o)
I do like Exmuff beach in the summer though for the brief week that its hot enough to swim their. But then the nob jockies just ride up and down the sea front in their 'A' reg Vauxhall Novas blasting out euro tranch with their engines that defon you as they reach speeds of up to 15 MPH....

nick_exmouth

Like Jason, I am looking to move back to the 'holy land' of East Devon in around 18 months.

Will probably go back to Exmouth, as most of my family are still in the area. I really like the town, good schools, nice relaxed pace of life. Always had a soft spot for Budleigh as well, so we'll see.

Bastin - If you have had to live in some of the crap Midlands towns that I have, (Northampton, MK, Leighton Buzzard, Aylesbury) you would live in Exmouth in a heartbeat!

One thing is for sure, I won't be bringing up my firstborn in the dump of a wasteland that is Northampton!

Nick

B

Bastin-Stander

Yeah Northampton aint great, Milton Keynes has some good places in an rea called Simpson. All new though no character!

M

My mother's a Hore (fan)

"Headhunted" !! LMFAO!

You can't help yourself can you? You mean you sent off your CV to a recruitment agency and you got back a "thanks, but no thanks".

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
"Headhunted" !! LMFAO!

You can't help yourself can you? You mean you sent off your CV to a recruitment agency and you got back a "thanks, but no thanks".
#

Christ give the lad a break -

jabba the gut

Like Jason, I am looking to move back to the 'holy land' of East Devon in around 18 months.

Will probably go back to Exmouth, as most of my family are still in the area. I really like the town, good schools, nice relaxed pace of life. Always had a soft spot for Budleigh as well, so we'll see.

Bastin - If you have had to live in some of the crap Midlands towns that I have, (Northampton, MK, Leighton Buzzard, Aylesbury) you would live in Exmouth in a heartbeat!

One thing is for sure, I won't be bringing up my firstborn in the dump of a wasteland that is Northampton!

Nick
I was always under the impression that Aylesbury was rather genteel. I suppose the fact that it's in Buckinghamshire misled me - it tends to conjure up places like Amersham and the Chalfonts etc for me, which are the only parts I've been to. BTW, is it correct to describe it as Midlands? I thought it wasn't that far from the Watford area, on the line that goes via Rickmansworth. Could be wrong though.

Last edited: