• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Cheltenham Town Matchday Thread

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Having viewed it a couple of times I don't think Pym could have done much more, but I don't have any goalkeeping expertise other than watching football. It looked to me that we covered the danger but Moxey had a poor heavy touch in a very dangerous area which we couldn't recover from. I don't think it was as bad a mistake as it looked, but maybe he could have put his foot through it.

Spoonz Red E

I dont think anybodys singling out Pym for that goal Mike. He was totally let down by defenders in front of him in an appaling fashion. I just think his approach to the player who crossed that ball was a bit suspect. Flinders demonstrated how a one on one works when he blocked a shot from one of our players who was clean through in the second half - total commitment to block that ball.
Kind of. Once he'd committed I thought Flinders had left a chance to be rounded for us to score but the chance wasn't taken.

REDMIKE

Moxs do you sit in block J

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This amused me yesterday, old technology getting the job done.

PeteUSA

This amused me yesterday, old technology getting the job done.

You're right Hants. Judging by that picture, you were only about 10 feet away from where the ball went past Pym.

Positive spin

No I'm not a "ridiculous character", I view his performances extra closely, as I was asked my opinion of him many seasons ago now, when he really was short! My opinion back then was that he was extremely acrobatic and had the makings of a good keeper. I pointed out he was short at that time but there was much time for him to grow. I think he was about 15 at that time.
Sorry I must have missed something but who, why and when asked for your opinion on Pym

andrew p long

Where as Tristan Abrahams today? Injured or just overtaken in the pecking order by Jay and Collins?

grecIAN Harris

I might be wrong but I didnt think Pym dived either way, Ian? It looked like a one on one with their forward to me, with him being favorite had he got his upper body behind the ball?
Dived, spread himself. Call it what you will.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Sorry I must have missed something but who, why and when asked for your opinion on Pym
Good luck with that one, some people have been asking that very question since Pym joined the 1st team.

iscalad

You only ever pick the negatives. It seems like you want us to lose.
I'm sure Lord Anton can stand up for himself, but even I find this a stupid comment.

Last edited by a moderator: