• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Accrington Stanley matchday thread

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's a ****ing coconut, durian brain.
Blimey, Stroudy's getting fighty, he must have been on the rooibos again.

We played well, should have taken more chances and a team playing better would have punished us for a few things. Penalty was soft but I thought it was legit. Ref wasn't as bad as the crowd made out (a yellow card for James was completely justified IMO) but could have let the game flow a bit more in the first half. All in all a decent game, virtually everyone achieves a 7/10 for "played well but could do better).

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I insulted his coconut....:$

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I insulted his coconut....:$
That's not his coconut, that's Milky Joe!

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A view of SJP from the corner flag at half time. Couldn't quite capture the sunset though

ecfc2000

So what's the excuse for the pitch being so poor? Are we just doing the basics (in terms of investment) during these times of construction?

Colesman Ballz

So what's the excuse for the pitch being so poor? Are we just doing the basics (in terms of investment) during these times of construction?
Must admit I was wondering about that, after hearing Tis's post match moan. Will Clive Pring not be receiving a Xmas card from the gaffer this year ? ;)

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I wonder if the odd summer we had - hot and dry at the start when it needed really to be damp to let the pitch grow nicely, then damp in the second half of the summer when we needed the sun on it, has hindered things. Must have been a bloomin' nightmare for Clive and his team.

I thought even back a month ago when I was at the Port Vale match that the pitch was looking rather poor.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wonder if the odd summer we had - hot and dry at the start when it needed really to be damp to let the pitch grow nicely, then damp in the second half of the summer when we needed the sun on it, has hindered things. Must have been a bloomin' nightmare for Clive and his team.

I thought even back a month ago when I was at the Port Vale match that the pitch was looking rather poor.
At the end of each season the club usually removes the top layer of the pitch and reseeds it to promote good grass cover and root penetration. Owing to our participation in the play-offs in May, the club took the decision that there was insufficient time to complete these works in time for the start of the new season. This may be contributing to its current state.

Last edited:

crocks

Leave the pitch alone. City do a lot better when the pitch is a bit rough! Look at City's home record in previous seasons when there was a bowling green to play on......enough said!