• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Port Vale - Official Matchday Thread

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Because usually Tiz is overcautious. He bigs up the opponents, says it's going to be a tough game, and is generally overcautious( although I admit "on paper" it was an attacking line-up v Vale). Now he is right to respect our opponents but I wonder if he gives the wrong vibes in the dressing room. Before any of the Tisdaleites get their knickers in a twist, I did say "I wonder".

Last edited:

Alistair20000

the Tisdaleites
Do you speak of Desmond Dekker and The Aces ?

malcolms

It's always the same - when we lose in powder puff fashion it's always because the opposition resort to gamesmanship and timewasting whereas we are all gentlemen who insist on playing the beautiful game the way it should be played. Well there's an easy solution to prevent gamesmanship: attack from the off, score first and stay in front. It's amazing how little the opposition waste time when they're losing, yet it's so obvious. If only our team could see that, they'd save Exeweb pages and pages of wasted bandwidth moaning about it. I wonder why we don't try it more often.
The continuous whinging about other teams 'tactics' is a feature that's for sure....

IndoMike

Do you speak of Desmond Dekker and The Aces ?
It suddenly appeared in my mind and I was actually singing it while I typed. When I say 'singing" that is loosely worded. Possibly the first reggae/ pop song to make it in the UK. Classic.

Alistair20000

It suddenly appeared in my mind and I was actually singing it while I typed. When I say 'singing" that is loosely worded. Possibly the first reggae/ pop song to make it in the UK. Classic.
(y) Me too. As soon as I read it.

I wonder if the lyrics can be rewritten in Tisdale/ECFC terms ?

fred binneys head

Wake up in de mornin'
Wantin' new contract
Despite the pitiful loss to Port Vale
Oh, oh, the Tisdaleites

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
(y) Me too. As soon as I read it.

I wonder if the lyrics can be rewritten in Tisdale/ECFC terms ?
Isn't that called "cultural appropriation" these days???:D

Red Bill

It's always the same - when we lose in powder puff fashion it's always because the opposition resort to gamesmanship and timewasting.
Nothing gets my heckles up more than the use of this word! You hear the pundits using it all the time, smirking away when someone is spotted pulling shirts 'accidentally' getting in the way of a free kick, rolling around on the floor while their mates take a breather or get back in position, call it what it is, ITS CHEATING ffs!!!

But from my point of view this discussion is nothing to do with what we or our opponents do or don't do, I couldn't care less, win, lose or draw, good game or bad, it about what referees do and how they let games get spoiled by not doing their jobs and applying the rules as they should. If players think they can get away with it, they'll continue to cheat but if referees do their jobs and apply the rules they could stop a vast chunk of that very quickly.

Last edited:

Legohead

Banned
Wake up in de mornin'
Wantin' new contract
Despite the pitiful loss to Port Vale
Oh, oh, the Tisdaleites
:D good effort Fred

Alistair20000

Wake up in de mornin'
Wantin' new contract