• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Biscuits

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
The lengths people will go to in the name of research is truly inspirational.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
What the hell?!?
It was gonna be either you or LOG who made a comment on that.

StroudGrecian

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/magazine-38985820

Just the first, Stroudy, me old son.

Enjoy your football, maybe get a packet of Jaffa biscuits on your way home.
The plummeting quality of BBC reporting these days is really quite astonishing. I see they are still claiming we have racked up 100 points in our last 40 games too.

Don't believe internet headlines Fred - the article presents evidence of both cake- and biscuit-like qualities, so far so good, but then feels the need to take a Cowellesque unilateral judgement to come down on the side of 'cake', based on opinions of 'Harry Potter' and some 1990s Whitehall bean counter. Don't believe the hype - read between the lines - examine the evidence - draw your own conclusions - defy the right-wing media and their simplistic and divisive conclusions.

The truth is, there is no need for this. In fact, this sort of behaviour perpetuates bias and prejudice against snacks that identify as both cakes AND biscuits.

Well I say - 'no more'. I am not prepared to stand by and watch perfectly decent snacks wrongly categorised and humiliated just for being what they are. Today, I stand in support of non-binary snacks. I say they should be allowed in both the biscuit AND the cake supermarket aisles, and should be free to be identified as either, or both.

What do you say Fred? Are you going to deny the humble Jaffa cake its biscuity qualities, or stand with me in support of their right to be snack-fluid?

fred binneys head

What do you say Fred? Are you going to deny the humble Jaffa cake its biscuity qualities, or stand with me in support of their right to be snack-fluid?
I'm gonna deny its biscuity qualities - it's a ****ing cake.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
There will be lots of other examples that prove the aisle a shop designer chooses to put them in is not the correct feature of a product to determine its nature. I will spend the next 3 weeks in Sainsbury's doing research - I'm sure my wife will understand.
Bovril is in the sauce aisle ! almost next to the peanut butter.

Madness I tell ya !

elginCity

Chocolate bourbon is in the biscuit category on the snacks continuum. Too moreish, too.

Terryhall

Should anyone not have had the pleasure of a selection pack from Kambly, it is worth mentioning. My personal favourite is the "Matterhorn"

http://www.kambly.com/en/695/Matterhorn.htm?Assortment=20956

Grecian2K

Tuc Cheese Sandwich biscuits, with that strange orangey/yellow filling that tastes almost, but not entirely, unlike cheese.

Last edited:

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I like the fact with these biscuits there is a donation to the Royal British Legion with every packet sold.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some builders in the pub said that five Rich Tea bics, held together and dunked is the best option at breaktime. Timing is critical or you can end up with a soggy mess in the bottom of your mug but, get it right, and you get the soft outside and the crunchy middle.

They said it is the ultimate dunk. But I know better.......[tap]