• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC v Cambridge Official match day thread

Sounded like a great performance

Really looking forward to Tuesday already

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good start. Sounds like both teams had chances but City held on well.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Taking Liam off to be replaced by Ryan ? he was poor and not the same person we signed previously and think he only touched the ball 3 times after he was brought on , a decent enough game to take the points but thought Cambridge were going to score mid way through the second half and later on in the game.

Think Pym has been to the Paul Jones school of goal kicks !

manc grecian

Good solid start. Should have been 3 up by the hour. Not sure the Harley substitution helped, we just got deeper. Front 3 worked well but I reckon we could do with another pacy option up top.

Cambridge seem to be assembling a basketball team.

dontpassback

Good win,but should have gone in 2 up at HT.wheelers header came off post and Lloyd James managed to blast over when it looked easier to score,but all in all we defended well against a strong Cambridge team,and we started well from the kick off,something we haven't always done and a win is a win so well done city(clap)

iscalad

First time we've won our first home match for a while. Onwards and upwards.

PeteUSA

Think Pym has been to the Paul Jones school of goal kicks !
Thats harsh. A couple of wayward clearances, one of which went halfway back the OG. He had a reasonable game, and his timing off his line for through balls to forwards was excellent. Get your torso across the likely path of a shot and you'll block it every time. Two excellent examples late on.

Last edited:

Legohead

Banned
Over the moon with an opening day win. I mean, shall we spare a thought for our somerset 'neighbours' up the road this evening? Nah. Let's just enjoy it! Well done Tis and the lads today. We're up and running.

andrew p long

As it stands we are 10th.

Tisdale Out.
I think the Accrington manager is most in danger. According to the BBC league table Accy have slipped down one place today. Unlike Yeovil who have managed to stay where they were this morning.

Antony Moxey

would have made the last ??? mins more comfortable, even the radio boys reckoned it looked like it was a matter of time b4 cambridge scored.
Don't know why. For all their huff and puff and possession Cambridge rarely troubled Pym whereas we could - and possibly should - have scored three or four at least. Not once during the closing period of the game did I think Cambridge would fluke one.