• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Under Tisdale, Tagg and Perryman will we .

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Certainly not choosing to ignore any aspect of your post but you do seem have ignored what I have said. It's all in the history. Where we had been, the lean years, the two amigos, the sudden revelation of success and other elements all combined to create the conditions where many felt HE WAS irreplaceable at that time. It may well have been hyperbole when looked at now, but then.....

PeteUSA

Certainly not choosing to ignore any aspect of your post but you do seem have ignored what I have said. It's all in the history. Where we had been, the lean years, the two amigos, the sudden revelation of success and other elements all combined to create the conditions where many felt HE WAS irreplaceable at that time. It may well have been hyperbole when looked at now, but then.....
I shouldn't think that in all honesty anybody was losing sleep over Tisdale leaving. I dont really know where that idea came from; football isnt like that. You dont pay a manager crazy money just because he's done his job satisfactorily. I dont buy that as a reason for the roller and outrageous money at all. I'm not sure what the reason might have been; only Tagg and a couple of others would know that.

Northern Red

The fans run the trust, who in turn get the board to run the club, but not with impunity.

We've served notice on an ongoing two year deal, that's it. He and we, are welcome to negotiate a new contract at any point.

Tisdale or Julian for that matter are not bigger than the club and have to be held accountable. Google raci matrix for further assistance.
That's the problem many fans want accountability about what taggy is taking out of the club because he is coming across as thinking he owns the club and totally untouchable.

Will the trust take over OTR any time soon.

IndoMike

No you misread my post I never mentioned this thread!!.. I mean the football club being run with a referendum Fromm fans on every decision made i.e managers contract, whether we play in certain competitions, how much a season ticket price should be etc etc...
Because we love Exeter City, Lez. I used to wait behind the OG waiting to get players autographs way back when I was 11 years old. I kept programs, made albums n' all. Because we love the club we want the best for it. And thru Exeweb we express our views and argue and debate and even joke about the club and what's best for it. That's all good, Lez, not bad, and we thank you for providing the platform. There is no running of the club by referendum.
You seem so upset because Tisdale's rolling contract has been terminated, but that contract was abnormal. The problem is not in its termination, but in its creation.
Tisdale has not been fired, but he has to prove he can produce, not rest on his 5 yr old laurels : JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER MANAGER

IndoMike

The irony is that at a time when many are feeling a bit more positive you have, out of the blue, stirred everyone up again. Let it be, Lez. If Tiz does well : we're happy. If he doesn't : life and City will go on.

Antony Moxey

That's the problem many fans want accountability about what taggy is taking out of the club because he is coming across as thinking he owns the club and totally untouchable.

Will the trust take over OTR any time soon.
I wouldn't say Tagg is coming across as anything of the sort. As for the Trust taking over OTR, Tagg has said many times publicly that if anyone wants to buy his share they're welcome to it so if the Trust want to take over OTR then stump up. Simple as.

PeteUSA

Correct. He comes across as if he owns the club, and what he says goes, quite simply. No questions please! Please note: Northern Red said "many fans"; question one of the others.

malcolms

I wouldn't say Tagg is coming across as anything of the sort. As for the Trust taking over OTR, Tagg has said many times publicly that if anyone wants to buy his share they're welcome to it so if the Trust want to take over OTR then stump up. Simple as.
In the OTR accounts, the asset is said to be worth 4 to 5 hundred grand. I'm not really up to date with Exeter property values, but that sounds cheap... Do you think they would sell it to me.... ? :)

Antony Moxey

Correct. He comes across as if he owns the club, and what he says goes, quite simply. No questions please! Please note: Northern Red said "many fans"; question one of the others.
Incorrect. That's just your one-eyed opinion: other than resigning there's nothing that he can do that you won't criticise, and even then you'll complain that it should have been sooner. Where do you get the idea that what he says goes?

Antony Moxey

In the OTR accounts, the asset is said to be worth 4 to 5 hundred grand. I'm not really up to date with Exeter property values, but that sounds cheap... Do you think they would sell it to me.... ? :)
Why don't you submit an offer and see, it's no use asking me as I have nothing to do with them.