• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

Remember this from some time ago ?

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Remember this from some time ago ?
Remember what mate?

I think the club will get a good amount of cash out of this.
Compared to nothing any amount of cash is good, compared to a sensible valuation with all of the money slopping around football in this day and age, I am afraid that "good" is not an adjective I'd use.

Strange all of this talk of negotiation. The Premier League, in the so called name of improving the quality and quantity of home grown players, came up with the The Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP). So I suspect that Chelsea will follow these regulations to the letter of the law. Ethan joined ECFC at the age of seven and has now departed aged sixteen. So we have trained, nurtured and developed him into a footballer and you'd have thought a valuable asset to the Club. But no. Having a Cat 3 Academy we are due precisely £12,500 for each of the year's Ethan has spent at the Club. 9 x £12,500 = £112,500. Negotiation? Why should CFC negotiate?

I suppose that that the Ampadus might have looked after us, by this we have to assume that Ethan (or his dad) signed the YD10 forms so are actually due compensation. If they had not been proper chaps and they had signed the alternative (the YD7) and we'd have got precisely **** all.

£112,500 I wouldn't describe as a "good" amount (unless you are on the Chelsea gravy train), I'd describe it as derisory. This is the sort of change thrown onto the bedside table by "elite" footballers after they have had a night out for a snack at Le Gavroche.

PeteUSA

As I see it, we've been sh/it on from a great height by all involved including the Ampadu's. Because of their timing, we get a pittance compared to what the boy might one day be worth. I say 'might' because its by no means certain that EA will become a Premier League star at Chelsea. His dad might have got him a spot there, but in his time with us, and with the few first team appearances he did make for us, did he really do enough to suggest he was going to set the world alight when he ultimately left? He was an academy player, but with all those school interuptions getting in the way, I dont think he's any great loss. Only time will tell if his future lies in the game.

IndoMike

I have heard that cash up front will be minimal, but there will be add ons for appearances, caps and sell ons. Never beeb a fan of add ons. Who says life is fair? I don't suppose EPL will hang its head in shame and the Football League is clearly impotent and weak. Don't blame the Ampadus for whatever happens. Who can honestly put their hand up and say they wouldn't do the best for their kid?

andrew p long

The new premier League transfer window opens and the first club listed is Exeter City!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/transfers

The fee is predictably 'undisclosed'. Some fame for us , though its little consolation, particularly as Gary Nelson articulates my understanding and fears about the 'compensation'

Steve Moran3

Those above clearly understood the process and calculations which I have no clue about but wondering why the club have said they want to agree a fee rather than go to a tribunal? If it's a set amount per academy year where does the tribunal come in to it?

IndoMike

It is a bit confusing. All the media say no transfer fee is involved and then continue by saying a fee is being negotiated.

Last edited:

iscalad

It is a bit confusing. All the media say no transfer fee is involved and then continue by saying a fee is being negotiated.
Compensation, some sort of add-ons?

andrew p long

Liverpool Echo sees the funny side when reporting Liverpool's disappointment in missing out on Ethan as he signs for Chelsea.

They say 'Vitesse Arnhem will be made up' !

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-transfer-rumours-alberto-moreno-13267157