• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Newport County v Exeter City - Official Matchday Thread

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
A friend of mine who is a mad groundhopper has just let me know he's at Rodney Parade today. I have asked him to give me his unbiased opinion on two things.

1. ECFC, mediocre or better than that?

2. Does Reid tip the scales at 15 stones?
Awaiting your "proxy match report" with great interest Mr m.
(As I also am Pate's excoriating critique of Master Pym for conceding a goal, and the InCREDYble sulks' justification that "Vladimir Westley" is STILL the sort of manager we need)

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster

Rog H K

:D Good result again I see.(beer)
Happy New Year everyone(beer)

Lovely end to the year. Good additional reason to sink an extra 4 beers tonight!

Antony Moxey

We lost 6-4 against reading that season too.
Weren't they consecutive home matches: one a 6-4 win followed by a 6-4 defeat?

Dubai Grecian

Weren't they consecutive home matches: one a 6-4 win followed by a 6-4 defeat?
Certainly was. Funny I remember listening to the old classified results and in that split second hearing City 4 thought thats three points....only to instantly brought back down to earth

Bathgrecian

Yup, Reading we came back from four one down to 4 all and then conceded twice. Orient next- Although if memory serves there was a fa cup replay against orient in between that we won on pens for the right to play Villa. Maybe the next 6-4 was actually Fulham?

Last edited:

LOG

The highlights: http://www.skysports.com/football/newport-vs-exeter/359485

Not sure what Pate will make of the glovesman's decision to come haring out for our fourth.

crocks

I actually feel sorry for the County fans who have to watch that team every week, they deserve a medal.

City played some beautiful football at times on a difficult pitch. The first two goals were brilliant, the build up play and the execution were first class. Watkins will get the plaudits but McAlinden was brilliant. He brings so much pace and movement allied to a lot of determination to chase lost causes and win the ball back high up the pitch.

Pym was very assured in everything he did, absolutely no chance for their goal when for once City switched off at the back. I think it will be a long time before Bobby gets back. All had a good game actually...amazing what some confidence will do (driven by the fact that City are now 6 games unbeaten). Onto the next game on Monday.....hopefully some of the knocks picked up will be shrugged off and they will be ready to go on Monday. Wheeler in particular was limping at the end....didnt look anything too serious.

Last edited:

ECFC Music

So now most goals scored away,most points and largest goals difference in League II.