• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jamie Reid to Torquay.

ECFC Music

Suspect that Reid will be discarded in the summer. Whilst he has obviously been handicapped by injuries he surely would have been in the squad by now even allowing for that if good enough.My impression on the two occasions i saw him was that he lacked control of the ball and his brain was not in tune with his feet.
It's interesting to see how many of these youngsters who go out on loan actually make the first team. I can't remember Sercombe or Grimes doing so for example.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you've been out for 18 months or so, it may take more than 3 months to get back to your best. Like Ryan Harley.

Bennett and Nichols went out on loan as young players.

ECFC Music

If you've been out for 18 months or so, it may take more than 3 months to get back to your best. Like Ryan Harley.

Bennett and Nichols went out on loan as young players.
Well it's a moot point whether Bennett has contributed a great deal since stepping up,his goals but negated by his lapses. Nichols yes and has clearly demonstrated potential.

STURTZ

Mackie went out on loan to Sutton, didn't do him any harm.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well it's a moot point whether Bennett has contributed a great deal since stepping up,his goals but negated by his lapses. Nichols yes and has clearly demonstrated potential.
It's not a moot point whether Scot Bennett has contributed to the first team. He has.

LOG

He's come back today. Apparently it was only a month long deal.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
He's come back today. Apparently it was only a month long deal.
Not what the link in the op said. if torquay are short on cash and as their season is dead could it not be a decision just to cut it short?

LOG

Dunno, but the Torquay website says "Jaime Reid has returned to Exeter City after the completion of his one-month loan spell at Torquay United"

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/article/returning-reid-2340717.aspx

andrew p long

Dunno, but the Torquay website says "Jaime Reid has returned to Exeter City after the completion of his one-month loan spell at Torquay United"

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/article/returning-reid-2340717.aspx
'United boss has opted to focus on assessing the talent he already has....starting with tonight's game against Braintree'

I think Torquay 1 Braintree 5 may give him some of the answers...

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I reckon non league football beckons for Jamie Reid this summer

He hasn't done enough to warrant another deal & I can't see there being a que of league clubs for him