• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary Johnson to City?

flakey pasty

This piece of news has to be a mistake.
GrecianJay knows the most about football on this forum (this is a fact as he keeps telling us), and he says that "Super" Gary Johnson is the best manager in the Football League, and so much better than our own Paul Tisdale.
Therefore it is impossible that he's been ignominiously shown the exit door at Yeovil.
Unless the Yeovil board has made a mistake or the Championship table and now the League One table lies?
Beats me.

Barum

Only joking.
Shame you're 'only joking' David. I'll take any fecker who will possibly give us a season in the Championship!

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Just shows that previous success doesn't and shouldn't mean you stay in a job if your under performing

Relegation last season and bottom this -

That's 18 months of poor results and out he goes

Again it shows how lucky Tisdale is here at City to never be under pressure given results especially at St James in the last 3-4 years

Grecian_Jay

SGJ can't be compared to Tisdale, Tisdale isn't fit to lace his boots.

My favorite part about all this is the past and present comments saying SGJ is now **** coz he's had a bad season. Yet apparently Tisdale isn't **** after having 4 of them. No credibility people.

Grecian_Jay

This piece of news has to be a mistake.
GrecianJay knows the most about football on this forum (this is a fact as he keeps telling us), and he says that "Super" Gary Johnson is the best manager in the Football League, and so much better than our own Paul Tisdale.
Therefore it is impossible that he's been ignominiously shown the exit door at Yeovil.
Unless the Yeovil board has made a mistake or the Championship table and now the League One table lies?
Beats me.
Unfortunately for you Flake I have never said either of those things. I have said SGJ is better than Tisdale and I don't think anyone who does know about football can doubt that.

Grecian2K

Don't forget 'arry is also available now....and just along the A35 at Sandbanks too.

Mind you, even if Taggy offered him the traditional '2 year roller' Mr R would probably hold out for a brand new one (as well as an unlimited open-ended contract)

LOG

I won't pretend to know anything about Yeovil or how they operate, but the fact is that last season they were in the Championship and now they're bottom of L1 which seems to be some achievement. At least we've been getting worse gradually.

Grecian_Jay

I won't pretend to know anything about Yeovil or how they operate, but the fact is that last season they were in the Championship and now they're bottom of L1 which seems to be some achievement. At least we've been getting worse gradually.
The fact is they should have never been in the Championship but they were because of SGJ. Until they got promoted everyone used to say they were punching above their weight just being in League 1 (which the standard is now very high). He has taken them down to where they were when he rejoined.

motorservices

The fact is they should have never been in the Championship but they were because of SGJ. Until they got promoted everyone used to say they were punching above their weight just being in League 1 (which the standard is now very high). He has taken them down to where they were when he rejoined.
Would it be fair to say he used the loan market very well to get them in the CCC? tbf ive never liked the phrase punching above there weight, they got there on merit (well they used loan players) if they had built a squad of there own they might, just might be ok now

LOG

Getting into the Championship was a huge achievement, no doubt about it, but were/are they really still punching above their weight in L1? Is it possible to punch above your weight for 10 years and at what point does it just become the norm?

I would guess, although don't know, that they have a relatively small budget so should be commended but only a certain amount of smoke can be blown up SGJ's arse for their recent history seeing as he hasn't actually been the manager there for most of it.