• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Loan signings that made an immediate impact in league 2

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Two of these players scored yesterday in the 2 - 1 win away at Oxford.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30649884

Antony Moxey

Not entirely sure of the point you're trying to make, I wonder if they'll continue in such a vein.

Avening Posse

Do Cheltenham have an academy of their own ?, fair play to them getting 3 in one swoop, I'm sure the Liverpool academy would have them very well versed thus far, going to Cheltenham to give them game time has to be great for Liverpool, Cheltenham and the individuals concerned (assuming they are decent), win win all round

wemissmoxey

I posted the thread for several reasons.

- They made an immediate impact.

- The Buckle / Inglethorpe link, clearly they are happy to utilise each other and I imagine Buckle will be the one to benefit most.

- Premiership players joining mediocre league 2 clubs, there were plenty of people on Exeweb earlier this season suggesting players from Premiership clubs don't join league two clubs which is clearly as ridiculous now as it was at the time.

- Location, Cheltenham is hardly just down the road from Liverpool.

- Finances, Cheltenham have had to get players off their books to get new ones in.

Last edited:

Banksy

I posted the thread for several reasons.

- They made an immediate impact.

- The Buckle / Inglethorpe link, clearly they are happy to utilise each other and I imagine Buckle will be the one to benefit most.

- Premiership players joining mediocre league 2 clubs, there were plenty of people on Exeweb earlier this season suggesting players from Premiership clubs don't join league two clubs which is clearly as ridiculous now as it was at the time.

- Location, Cheltenham is hardly just down the road from Liverpool.

- Finances, Cheltenham have had to get players off their books to get new ones in.
Honest question wmm , who would you get rid here to make space for say a couple of loanees?

wemissmoxey

Honest question wmm , who would you get rid here to make space for say a couple of loanees?
I'd be looking to loan Reid out, as things stand it doesn't look like Wee Jimmy is going to get much game time either so on the basis of that perhaps he should be offered for loan or permanent transfer, I imagine you would get some takers for both players from clubs in the Conference / Conference South, there may even be interest in Keohane from the odd league 2 club, i.e. teams he has done well against for us.

Last edited:

wemissmoxey

With regards to Keohane, he is possibly a player who needs a fresh start full stop as he doesn't really seem to have developed a lot, he is generally on the fringes, perhaps he should look to step down to the Conference in order to progress as a player.

He has been with us since 2011 played 67 games and scored 7 goals, on the basis of that you have to question the reasons for him still being here.

Last edited:

Banksy

I'd be looking to loan Reid out, as things stand it doesn't look like Wee Jimmy is going to get much game time either so on the basis of that perhaps he should be offered for loan or permanent transfer, I imagine you would get some takers for both players from clubs in the Conference / Conference South, there may even be interest in Keohane from the odd league 2 club, i.e. teams he has done well against for us.
Seems reasonable and would inject some fresh life into us for the final push which seems to be much needed at the moment if we aspire to be on the fringes of the playoffs this season. Maybe a nice strong centre back who can head the ball properly , and dare I say it , doesn't just hoof it up the pitch like some we've had recently. Must be a few around that the bigger clubs want to give game time to.

Alistair20000

O.K. Missy you have identified the loan outs. If you were wearing The Cheese's trews what loan ins would you be sizing up ? Positions rather than names if you like.

wemissmoxey

O.K. Missy you have identified the loan outs. If you were wearing The Cheese's trews what loan ins would you be sizing up ? Positions rather than names if you like.
A centre back who is totally different to what we have, i.e. athletic, aggressive and decent in the air, possibly a left back or left sided midfielder and a central midfield player who can put himself about and get up and down the pitch whilst at the same time being adequate in possession of the ball, we already have enough strikers on the books so I don't think we should be looking in that area unless Clinton goes.

The thing is some of the above is generally not what Tisdale seems comfortable with.

Last edited: