• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

So, what about the 'Tisdale Out' Petition?

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
ok, Mr Harris You're correct, we havent had any fit players for 3 seasons, and thats why we have been awful, and also why we have failed to have any shots on target :p

Fact is this can be spun anyway you want it to, before the petition we were dog mess, within a week we have started to attack and play as a team.
Well said m'boy. Oh, and don't forget Tisdale said the lack of goals could be easily rectified,

Mind you, I can't remember if he said that last year or the year before.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
I restate my case that the petition had no influence on the change of tactics.
and of course you are absolutely right but I guess we have to leave a shred of something for the petitioners to cling on to. :D

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
I restate my case that the petition had no influence on the change of tactics.
That is a bold statement indeed - do you care to tell us how you came privy to such information?

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
You were suggesting that the petition had changed Tisdales tactics this season, so don't try and bring the last three seasons into it. It is mere coincidence that the players have become available after the instigation of the petition.
I think what he means is that during the past three seasons when we had a fit squad why did we still play one up front and keep everyone back for corners? No one on either side knows what conversations took place within the club. Whatever the reason, its a bloody good job imo that we have started doing this differently.

motorservices

I think what he means is that during the past three seasons when we had a fit squad why did we still play one up front and keep everyone back for corners? No one on either side knows what conversations took place within the club. Whatever the reason, its a bloody good job imo that we have started doing this differently.

Agreed Mr Portland, like i said could even be a faith healer, i couldnt careless, if we continue to play the way we have for the last 3 games then my opinion will change as time goes on, up to the Oxford game, i really couldnt see how he would change things, as up to that point he had stuck to his tactics, now a change and we start to win

suffolklad

That is a bold statement indeed - do you care to tell us how you came privy to such information?
Hi Stuffy
I refer the honourable member to my previous No143 which was a reply to the ongoing thread.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
So assuming that Tis found out at the earliest on the Monday morning or had time to think about it then, he had exactly 4/5 days to tell the squad " hey guys we've had a petition, were changing the tactics you, you and you will now do this and this differently. we've got 4 days to practice and get it right".
Football or even Rugby teams can and do change tactics or formations at the drop of a hat - especially if a key player goes off. It doesn't take 4/5 days to prepare for such an eventuality.

Good night sir, I'm sure we'll be discussing this at a later date.

Avening Posse

In the next 6 games we play 4 of the current top 5, with a couple of teams below us thrown in, and these games once played will have us 15 games in, and therefore in my view a decent yardstick.

I am optimistic after recent performances that we could get a decent haul from these games, and if we do, I will start getting proper excited.....

Silver fox

Wish I could share your optimism AP, but it's an home game on Saturday, so normal service will resume. Kick my arse all around red square if I'm wrong, but I doubt I will be.

Avening Posse

Wish I could share your optimism AP, but it's an home game on Saturday, so normal service will resume. Kick my arse all around red square if I'm wrong, but I doubt I will be.
We shall see mate, Bury are top and not top for nothing, so no shame if we lose, but I don't think we will if we play like we did yesterday, really need to turn it around at home and beating them would send a fantastic message to the floating support.....