• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Argyle

norfolk_exile

When did all the apathy towards a match against our bitterest rivals come to the fore??? I remember a time when playing the scum down the road would invoke such passion and excitement weeks before!

Now just 3 days before the match and its barely an afterthought - compounded by the lack of people going by the sound of it! Only 600 tickets sold by all accounts?

I know things were technically a lot worse back in the mid to late 90s for the club but the passion towards this match was great to be a part of and a highlight of the season!

Where did it all go?

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's all here, in this beating heart of mine!:)

tagz

As pointed out on Pasoti the Argyle v Exeter is becoming a regular fixtures whilst before it wasn't a regular fixture due to the 2 clubs being in different leagues

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think back to when we played Torquay in the BSP, this forum was absolutely fizzing...

Sadly, despite doing the double over the Scummers last season, relegation followed by three seasons of dire, stagnant home football have sapped the enthusiasm of even the Barmy Grecians amongst us. You only have to look at last night for confirmation of this.

We might win on Saturday, and if we do this forum will come alive for a week or two, but even if we do it is nothing like it was during our exile years and first three seasons back in the FL. Remember when we had over 5,000 for a PSF..?

We will struggle to score goals this season, and frankly I fear the worst. The fact that certain individuals are creaming off substantial salaries and free trips to Brasilia only rubs salt in the sore.

motorservices

kindof agree, Argyle are no longer a big draw, we play them all the time, there actually not very good anymore, and to beat them we dont even have to play well anymore

motorservices

Don't tell porkies - when did you play well ??
I've just taken 4 spring rolls out the oven !
My point, last season at the theatre of screams wasnt anywhere near the best we played last season, at home yes we smashed you, but that was more to do with your lot being utter garbage, the days of us knowing we have to raise our game have gone, i dare say you will bet our under 21s on saturday, but if you dont beat us then i fear for you this season, we are there for the taking

StroudGrecian

Me too, except mine's #buzzing.

Avening Posse

When did all the apathy towards a match against our bitterest rivals come to the fore??? I remember a time when playing the scum down the road would invoke such passion and excitement weeks before!

Now just 3 days before the match and its barely an afterthought - compounded by the lack of people going by the sound of it! Only 600 tickets sold by all accounts?

I know things were technically a lot worse back in the mid to late 90s for the club but the passion towards this match was great to be a part of and a highlight of the season!

Where did it all go?
I hate to be negative, but my theory is both sets of supporters are genuinely quite worried about this season, albeit for differing reasons, meaning we are desperately hoping the slim squad and youth will carry us through, and Argyle desperately hoping that bringing in 6 or 7 will turn things round for them. Rather than playing the match at some point into the season, where informed views would have been formed and we would all know what to expect, playing the game at the beginning with all the uncertainty just increases the trepidation of both sets of supporters. I would have rather played them in December, and I suspect lots of people employed by or support the respective teams would agree, as the game takes on added significance with neither team managing a win yet, I think people are more nervous than excited, and that affects the build up ?

grecIAN Harris

I must be old skool then because City versus The Scum is City versus The Scum regardless of what competition and where we're playing. I can't wait for Saturday to come.

geoffwp

Me too. Been out chopping trees and had raw lambs liver for dinner. I'm up for it. Might have to tear the heads off a few daisies mind. :)