• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Day we played Brazil (the play) - 16-27th July

Athelstan

How about a combined 2-DVD set of the Brazil tour on disc one and the play on disc two? It would kill two birds with one stone. The fans that went to Brazil could then see the play that many of them will have missed, while those people interested only in the play (some perhaps never having ventured inside St. James Park) might be tempted to come and watch the Grecians when they see what the team and fans got up to on the tour.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
How about a combined 2-DVD set of the Brazil tour on disc one and the play on disc two? It would kill two birds with one stone. The fans that went to Brazil could then see the play that many of them will have missed, while those people interested only in the play (some perhaps never having ventured inside St. James Park) might be tempted to come and watch the Grecians when they see what the team and fans got up to on the tour.
Gets my vote

Avening Posse

Gets my vote

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't forget, there's one final performance this coming Saturday evening for the benefit of those that were in Brazil and anyone else who might not yet have seen it!

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Couldn't get down to see it so the dvd would be a massive yes from me.

exeternorthcott

Hello everyone,

First of all, everyone involved in this production is beyond thrilled at the reaction from audiences, especially from Exeter City fans. I think it's fair to say that, for those who didn't, everyone on the show now has a huge soft spot for your fantastic club. We are all so proud of Exeter and Exeter City FC's history.

There is now only one performance left of this amazing production - the last ever performance. Saturday 2nd August is a special Gala performance which the current Exeter City team and staff (including Paul Tisdale) will be attending.The evening includes food in the UofE Forum, the show and an auction (with some of the money raised going to the club) - tickets for all of this are £45. However, for those who would just like to see the show, 'performance only' tickets are available for the standard price of £14.

We are also looking into producing a DVD for those who can't get to the Gala (or who would like to see the show again!).

Once again, thank you for your wonderful comments about the production (and apologies for the heat in the auditorium!)

CITY CASUAL

Went & saw this last night! What a fantasic show! Every City fan should watch this one off show! You will be so gutted if you don't! I loved it!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Some tickets for the last performance on Saturday still available for £14, i.e. without the meal.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Hello everyone,

First of all, everyone involved in this production is beyond thrilled at the reaction from audiences, especially from Exeter City fans. I think it's fair to say that, for those who didn't, everyone on the show now has a huge soft spot for your fantastic club. We are all so proud of Exeter and Exeter City FC's history.

There is now only one performance left of this amazing production - the last ever performance. Saturday 2nd August is a special Gala performance which the current Exeter City team and staff (including Paul Tisdale) will be attending.The evening includes food in the UofE Forum, the show and an auction (with some of the money raised going to the club) - tickets for all of this are £45. However, for those who would just like to see the show, 'performance only' tickets are available for the standard price of £14.

We are also looking into producing a DVD for those who can't get to the Gala (or who would like to see the show again!).

Once again, thank you for your wonderful comments about the production (and apologies for the heat in the auditorium!)
You are Wolfie & I claim my £10 no I'm going to fleece you for a change and make that £30.00

So which food warrants a hike of £31.00 in the price are you serving caviar on gold crusted breadsticks? or have you hired in Rick Stein to do the catering? I doubt a few sausage & cheese & pineapple on sticks warrant this hike? Would have gone ourselves had the price been a bit more reasonable :(

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
You are Wolfie & I claim my £10 no I'm going to fleece you for a change and make that £30.00

So which food warrants a hike of £31.00 in the price are you serving caviar on gold crusted breadsticks? or have you hired in Rick Stein to do the catering? I doubt a few sausage & cheese & pineapple on sticks warrant this hike? Would have gone ourselves had the price been a bit more reasonable :(
The extra £30 for the black tie bit of the event seems eminently reasonable to me if that's you're kind of thing:

http://exeternorthcott.co.uk/the-day-we-played-brazil-2

If it isn't then, as exeternorthcott was at pains to point out, there's still the option to go and see the show for the standard price of just £14. Seems there's just no pleasing some people!