• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Chorlton steps down!

Red Lion

In short, the Trust website is not a patch on Exeweb for those of us who are passionate about our Club and want to be informed. I don't blame anyone who doesn't bother with it.
Well done to everyone who has been Director for the day, and apologies to Mike Cooper for not reading his updates on the Trust website. basically because of the reasons JW has given above. I get and read the Trust emails, haven't got time or energy to search for more information at the moment!
Also tried to join Gnet ages ago and couldn't get in!

Getting back on topic, haven't seen anyone answering the second point of my post!

Would ANYONE like to defend Mr. Chorlton?

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well done to everyone who has been Director for the day, and apologies to Mike Cooper for not reading his updates on the Trust website. basically because of the reasons JW has given above. I get and read the Trust emails, haven't got time or energy to search for more information at the moment!
Also tried to join Gnet ages ago and couldn't get in!

Getting back on topic, haven't seen anyone answering the second point of my post!

Would ANYONE like to defend Mr. Chorlton?
Roger Conway? But fortunately he doesn't post on here anymore.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Roger Conway? But fortunately he doesn't post on here anymore.
That's a bit harsh. If he did post at least we might be able to engage him in some discussion about that entire fiasco of the loan. Am I wrong or is it that Mr Conway hasn't actually hurt the club?

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's a bit harsh. If he did post at least we might be able to engage him in some discussion about that entire fiasco of the loan. Am I wrong or is it that Mr Conway hasn't actually hurt the club?
Hasn't hurt the club?

Ok the financial mess the club found themselves in back in jan/feb wasn't his fault, but it was him throwing his toys out the pram and wanting the loan back that caused the club to go to the PFA.

Yeah everything's great and he's really helped the situation :S

Feck me, some people can't see the woods for the trees on here.

geoffwp

Hasn't hurt the club?

Ok the financial mess the club found themselves in back in jan/feb wasn't his fault, but it was him throwing his toys out the pram and wanting the loan back that caused the club to go to the PFA.

Yeah everything's great and he's really helped the situation :S

Feck me, some people can't see the woods for the trees on here.
Blimey, you do get yer knickers in a twist rather easily don't you? I repeat. I think it's a bit harsh of you saying 'fortunately he doesn't post on here' when I maintain that if he did we might be able to find out more about his thinking and what went on. Yes he has thrown his toys out, but I don't think that in itself was what caused the club to have to go to the PFA. It was the on going financial mess that caused that problem.

Last edited:

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Blimey, you do get yer knickers in a twist rather easily don't you? I repeat. I think it's a bit harsh of you saying 'fortunately he doesn't post on here' when I maintain that if he did we might be able to find out more about his thinking and what went on. Yes he has thrown his toys out, but I don't think that in itself was what caused the club to have to go to the PFA. It was the on going financial mess that caused that problem.
If he hadn't have thrown his toys out the pram, the great unwashed would have been none the wiser about the loan he made to the club and there wouldn't have been any need to go to the PFA. It's not that difficult to grasp is it?

geoffwp

If he hadn't have thrown his toys out the pram, the great unwashed would have been none the wiser about the loan he made to the club and there wouldn't have been any need to go to the PFA. It's not that difficult to grasp is it?
I still think you are wrong. You are linking the need to go to the PFA with Conway's decision to make a loan. I think the need to go to the PFA was already there. Besides, none of that has anything to do with the fact that I think it harsh to say that 'fortunately' he doesn't post. Why fortunately? Why not that it's 'a shame,' because we cant ask questions if he doesn't post. Now, surely that also isn't too difficult to grasp is it?

Last edited:

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
I still think you are wrong. You are linking the need to go to the PFA with Conway's decision to make a loan. I think the need to go to the PFA was already there. Besides, none of that has anything to do with the fact that I think it harsh to say that 'fortunately' he doesn't post. Why fortunately? Why not that it's 'a shame,' because we cant ask questions if he doesn't post. Now, surely that also isn't too difficult to grasp is it?
Which part of it don't you grasp? Roger loaned the money the beginning of the year (I don't understand why we needed the loan after the club had already took the loan from the trust, but hey ho). Roger then took the money back after it came to light that there was a movement to remove Chorlton. The club as far as I know, still owe the trust the 60K. Roger wanted the loan repaid, thus causing the club the need to take out the PFA.

Other people get it, but you don't.

As for me putting 'fortunately' that is my opinion, I don't think it's a shame at all. Having met Roger C on a number of occasions, I wouldn't trust him as far I as I could throw him.

Had he have loaned the money unconditionally, then I would have least had a little respect for him, but it seems, he loaned the money in order to protect the jobs for the boys club in the end.

Last edited:

iscalad

Which part of it don't you grasp? Roger loaned the money the beginning of the year (I don't understand why we needed the loan after the club had already took the loan from the trust, but hey ho). Roger then took the money back after it came to light that there was a movement to remove Chorlton. The club as far as I know, still owe the trust the 60K. Roger wanted the loan repaid, thus causing the club the need to take out the PFA.

Other people get it, but you don't.

As for me putting 'fortunately' that is my opinion, I don't think it's a shame at all. Having met Roger C on a number of occasions, I wouldn't trust him as far I as I could throw him.

Had he have loaned the money unconditionally, then I would have least had a little respect for him, but it seems, he loaned the money in order to protect the jobs for the boys club in the end.
Really? I thought it was because he got found out loaning money to the club, against what is written in the constitution.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Really? I thought it was because he got found out loaning money to the club, against what is written in the constitution.
Taken from his statement on his website

After discussed it with my wife we concluded that the potential for the Trust Board to act in that way had so substantially increased the risk factor that we had no option but to withdraw from the loan arrangement with the Club and I then informed the Finance Director. Obviously the FD had been relying on our promise and the withdrawal of our offer added to the pressures on the finance department with the outcome that the PFA loan was the only remaining option.