• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Danny Coles

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Also Cantona ended up in court and got community service on top of his ban from football...
But Not Sacked!!

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Firstly, I'm not defending Danny Coles tweets at all; secondly, I'm not sure his wife's input is helping the situation.

Be that as it may, I read that particular tweet as an attempt to be facetious - she's not really suggesting her family is going to starve but, rather, joking that some Exeter fans won't be happy until that happens! Some of the abuse she has received from a small minority of City fans on Twitter is completely out of order.

My view, for what it's worth, is that if Danny wants to come back from this then he needs to demonstrate a little bit of humility and contrition, apologise profoundly, and attempt to draw a line under this whole sorry saga. Even then I think his position as captain is probably untenable and it would be in everyone's interest, including his, if the armband went elsewhere this season.

Unfortunately, I think the statement issued by the club is wholly inadequate and unlikely to satisfy 99.9 per cent of supporters, myself included.
Having seen a lot of her tweets, she is far from being facetious.

The only tweets I saw her getting stick was when she gave it after seeing a tweet where Coles has been mentioned. However, there was one tweet, which I thought was disgusting a fan put something about wishing Danny Coles broke his neck again. No matter how much I dislike the man, I would never wish a serious injury on him or any other human being.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well I'm sure Danny would be able to get a real job pulling pints in a pub in bristol or something if his poor daughter was really that badly in need of feeding. Just the other week I saw an advert for waiting staff and bartenders in one Bristol establishment.

motorservices

just a thought but does anyone know the full facts of donkeys neck break? maybe thats why he got a 3 yr deal and became captain...........................

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Grecian2k is back??????
Nothing gets by you, does it? :)

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
just a thought but does anyone know the full facts of donkeys neck break? maybe thats why he got a 3 yr deal and became captain...........................
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18781673

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not heard anything. It was described as a freak training accident.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Artur stood his ground in a tackle and colesy came off worse..

motorservices

hmm, worst player by a country mile gets a 3 yr contract, then the likes of Artur (who was prob our best player) gets season long/short contracts, makes no sense

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
hmm, worst player by a country mile gets a 3 yr contract, then the likes of Artur (who was prob our best player) gets season long/short contracts, makes no sense
I believe he was a deal then after the accident was offered two years..

Artur chose a one year deal then extended it to one year last season...