• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

World Cup Predictions

ecfc70

1 - Winner? Would love to see a new name if not England but think it will be Argentina
2 - Beating who in the final? Belgium
3 - Golden Boot? Caicedo (Ecuador)
4 - How far will England get? last 16
5 - Fancied side that will flop? Holland
6 - Dark horse to make the semi's? Ecuador
7 - Best terrestrial tv pundit? They're all carp

Vamos
Brazil to make the semis if they're lucky

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
If all those who've put Argentina down as winners are right then surely it goes hand in hand that Aguero will be top scorer.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
If all those who've put Argentina down as winners are right then surely it goes hand in hand that Aguero will be top scorer.
Could be Messi's time to shine.

grecIAN Harris

He might end up player of the tournement but Aguero will score the goals. Not that I think Argentina will win it mind.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
He might end up player of the tournement but Aguero will score the goals. Not that I think Argentina will win it mind.
We'll see:)

ecfc70

aguero, messi, higuain......lots of goals to share between them

Di Maria will be player of the tournament

Avening Posse

Rather optimistically hoping Sturridge will be player of the tournament :)

Grecian_Jay

Not at all. I think the winner and top scorer won't be from the same team.

grecIAN Harris

Rather optimistically hoping Sturridge will be player of the tournament :)
The thing is I'm not as pessimistic as most as far as England are concerned. I think the lack of the usual pressure combined with the youthful exuberance will see us do a lot better than the expectation for a change. Italy's form at the moment is poor at the moment (seven games without a win), so we will get off to a better start than expected (most predicting defeat, I reckon we'll get robbed of a win). Most people's fear of Uruguay is based on The Rabid Chipmunk/Cavani front line but what else do they have. At the other end of the pitch they have an ageing back four which the likes of Sturridge and Sterling should be able to leave for dead without to much effort and then there's Costa Rica. Do we really expect not to win against them???? Fair enough, they won't be the walk in the park that sides like them use to be but surely we have enough quality to despatch of them comfortably.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Di Maria will be player of the tournament
My thoughts also.