• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Any more news on Brazil?

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'll admit, I am very lost on this whole Brazil trip.

I take it the game hasn't been organised, nor confirmed by Fluminese. Also, is it Fluminese who were meant to be covering our costs of the trip, and if so, and there is no game against them, surely the only team that is going to pay for the trip will be us?

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'll admit, I am very lost on this whole Brazil trip.

I take it the game hasn't been organised, nor confirmed by Fluminese. Also, is it Fluminese who were meant to be covering our costs of the trip, and if so, and there is no game against them, surely the only team that is going to pay for the trip will be us?
I very nearly got a lifetime exeweb ban by Chairman Lez for suggesting anything along those lines several months ago!

Barum

I very nearly got a lifetime exeweb ban by Chairman Lez for suggesting anything along those lines several months ago!
IF, but only IF, OD turns out to be right, then I think Lez should make the whole story of OD's banning on this forum public, & if necessary an apology issued and the ban lifted.

scottus86

If what Rea/Olivias dad says is true, then it just goes to show that our club is runs by complete and utter self obsessed idiots. Why would someones contact in Brazil care if the name of a little girl from Exeter was mentioned.

I guess we will never know the true story but, this seems to be a right mess and I feel for the people who have splashed the cash. They must be wondering what the hell is going on and why there isn't any last minute pushing of tickets, promotion, countdowns, we just have the ever present sound of nothing from our incompetent club board.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
He was banned for abuse. Loads of it, much by PM. He'll never be back. His multude of multis made sure of that.

Pete's comment about nearly getting banned was to do with abuse and bypassing the swear filter. His post above is therefore a lie.

Chuckles

He was banned for abuse. Loads of it, much by PM. He'll never be back. His multude of multis made sure of that.

Pete's comment about nearly getting banned was to do with abuse and bypassing the swear filter. His post above is therefore a lie.
It was obvious the poster was heading for a ban and the mods acted correctly in my opinion.

The original message was lost in attempt after attempt to promote a child for their own benefit (Olivia's Dad and Mum) not the benefit of the Club. In many ways it is similar to pushy parents living lives through their kids rather than themselves... the user name itself pointed to that. Whatever the eventual outcome of the Brazil trip , the Club was right to distance themselves from the who sorry saga and Exeweb also right to distance itself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mackster

It was obvious the poster was heading for a ban and the mods acted correctly in my opinion.

The original message was lost in attempt after attempt to promote a child for their own benefit (Olivia's Dad and Mum) not the benefit of the Club. In many ways it is similar to pushy parents living lives through their kids rather than themselves... the user name itself pointed to that. Whatever the eventual outcome of the Brazil trip , the Club was right to distance themselves from the who sorry saga and Exeweb also right to distance itself.
I think you're wrong on that. Any half decent organisation should have been able to exploit the "Olivia" situation to ECFC's benefit and be able to keep the family onside.

Whether the opinion is that they are "pushy parents", they are first and foremost City fans and net contributors to our club, yet we criticise them while incompetents like Tagg, Henderson & Chortle keep sucking money out the club. If only Hants could ban them as easily as OD.

Last edited by a moderator:

Barum

pushy parents living lives through their kids rather than themselves... the user name itself pointed to that.
What a load of carp, there's a world of difference between proud parents & pushy parents! Are you a dad yourself?

So if I called myself Lager Louts Dad, that makes me a pushy parent?? (facepalm)

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hants: excuse me! Me bypassing the swear filter and abuse had bugger all to do with it. I got a major rocket from Lez for insinuating/suggesting that the cost of the city players air fares would come out of the hefty cost of the packages being touted for the fans to go at that time. Lez PM'd me suggesting in no uncertain terms (putting it mildly!) that I explain myself on the forum, and announce what the basis for my remarks were. I had no accurate reliable basis for my comments, so I apologised profusely and admitted that there was no verifiable truth in what I had said. (at this point, I fell out with OD for him "loading the gun and me firing the bullets"!)

Hants: If you dont mind me saying so, as senior moderator agewise, do you think you're leading by example by inferring I'm telling lies? Wouldnt it have been more appropriate to correct me by saying my comments were inacurate, as opposed to flat out calling me a liar?

Last edited:

motorservices

I think that the people in charge of the business side of ECFC have failed massively, my business is still new (second year of trading) but even to me its clear that you NEVER let a good chance pass you by, this could have set us up for years, we could have put the ECFC in the worlds shop window, it could have had massive ripples that meant money wasnt an issue for years to come

We could have (if done in the correct way) had the FA and FIFA want us there, i believe the powers that be failed to promote us in the correct manner

OD was a tit, that is a fact, but deep down i think he wanted to help make ECFC a large amount of money and help put us on the world footballing stage

as i said above if it was spurs 100yrs ago they wouldnt have missed out on making a **** load of money from this