• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Policing bill!

Bittners a Legend

If fans don't understand that it's because they're too stupid to see the bigger picture, that's why. Why would the club do this - all it's going to do is antagonise an already football-hating police force who'll all of a sudden find 'intelligence' to support much heavier policing for a much greater number of games.

The police are well aware of the club's views on their ridiculous costs without the club needing to broadcast it anywhere.
I make you right. I do think the game should be partly policed as there are idiots that attach themselves to both sides and ruin it for actual football fans...but the helicopter is taking the mick...I genuinely believe it's about monitoring the surrounding areas and as such the Leeds ruling could arguably become relevant...

...and what exactly is the point of the police horses?

Pinhoe Red x1

I believe D&C no longer pay for, or are responsible for, the helicopter. Police helicopters nationwide have left their force and joined a national police air service. This is mostly government funded rather than from 'local' tax payers.

Just because it was above the BB doesn't mean they were concentrating on that stand, it's just a good vantage point to view the whole area.

Pinhoe Red x1

I make you right. I do think the game should be partly policed as there are idiots that attach themselves to both sides and ruin it for actual football fans...but the helicopter is taking the mick...I genuinely believe it's about monitoring the surrounding areas and as such the Leeds ruling could arguably become relevant...

...and what exactly is the point of the police horses?

From what I saw of the horses they more than justified their appearance. Although, from what I hear, the argyle fan who tried to punch one of them post match may disagree!!

Utter Terry

If fans don't understand that it's because they're too stupid to see the bigger picture, that's why. Why would the club do this - all it's going to do is antagonise an already football-hating police force who'll all of a sudden find 'intelligence' to support much heavier policing for a much greater number of games.

The police are well aware of the club's views on their ridiculous costs without the club needing to broadcast it anywhere.

And you know all this how exactly .........?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Although, from what I hear, the argyle fan who tried to punch one of them post match may disagree!!
Those Geordies get around a bit, don't they?

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
And you know all this how exactly .........?
Because I talk to those who know about such things.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
John William;1354346 So I suspect the club will be paying most if not all of the policing cost for the Argyle game including deployments well away from the ground. [/QUOTE said:
This debate is raised everytime we have a game with a large Police requirement.
The club only pay for officers deployed in the stadium , costs are agreed with the club before the game depending on opposition , intelligence etc . The club also picks up the bill for the Police Horses when they are deployed.
Other than that all other costs sit with D & C Police

geoffwp

- all it's going to do is antagonise an already football-hating police force who'll all of a sudden find 'intelligence' to support much heavier policing for a much greater number of games.QUOTE]

I have several close friends in the force, one at commander level, and a few others who have recently retired. We talk sport often and I have never been given the impression they are 'football hating', as you put it. I think you are way off the money in this remark.

Antony Moxey

I have several close friends in the force, one at commander level, and a few others who have recently retired. We talk sport often and I have never been given the impression they are 'football hating', as you put it. I think you are way off the money in this remark.
Away from a game maybe, but have you seen them on match day? Trying their best to look hard thinking they're a SWAT team with their trousers tucked into their boots, you can see the sneering disdain written all over their faces as the look at you as though you're something they've just trodden in. Plus, for the most part, they're clueless and think standing there mob handed is the way to police a game - remember them stood by the tea hut doing nothing while Leeds fans were being crushed?

So no, I don't think I'm way off the mark by any length at all.

ScrumpyJack

Didn't do a very good job tho did they, apparently argyle got legged everywhere! Hahaha