• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Policing bill!

athenasbra

Does anybody know how much it was?

FAN-TATIC

No, but wasn't there a judgement following legal action by Leeds United that the Police cannot charge for policing streets outside or en route to a stadium because it is part of their public duty to take such action as is necessary to keep the peace. Or something to that effect.

Last edited:

Rog H K

I'm sure I heard a figure of £17,000 for last years fixture. We had similar Policing again so can guess it won't be far off that cost this year? That will be around £3 per person in the ground yesterday.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sure I heard a figure of £17,000 for last years fixture. We had similar Policing again so can guess it won't be far off that cost this year? That will be around £3 per person in the ground yesterday.
i heard that figure being banged about...

athenasbra

I guess we probably have to pay for the mounted police from Wales to be put up in a nice hotel for a night?

FAN-TATIC

Squiresanders.com/files/Publications/42147275...af1dec17d658/The-Cost-of-Policing-Football-Matches PDF

The Judge's ruling can be found here.

Last edited:

athenasbra

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Club or Trust could publish the figure.

Simples.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's a lot less than what it was when we were in League 1, but think that was down to the fallout from the JPT game (as well as the poor souls having to get up early for the early kick off).

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Do we get charged for the police at the Newport game? Only I presume we only had that many to hold a dry run for the derby game?