• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

British Lions tour!

Red Lion

After not just today's game but the whole season, If Jonny Wilkinson is not in the squad, Warren Gatland is officially insane!
While I'm on the subject, nothing better on the radio tonight so had Talksport on.
They were doing their team of the best ever Lions players.
No place in the pack for Scott Quinnell.

You what????!

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Warren Gatland will end weeks of feverish anticipation when he names his touring party tomorrow.

And Wilkinson gave the Lions head coach a timely reminder of his abilities as he masterminded Toulon's 24-12 Heineken Cup victory over Saracens on Sunday.

But Wilkinson remained humble and reckons the Lions should look to the youth.
"I'm prone to feeling great after a day like today but after a match like last weekend's I felt as though I'd let the boys down," said Wilkinson.
"I think about tearing up my contract for next year and things like that. It's what goes through my head. I just play and play and no-one can tell you if you're doing great or not. Am I doing enough right now?

"The Lions is difficult for me because it's not at all that I wouldn't consider it - it would be fabulous. It's up there with the most amazing experiences you can get in rugby. But I watch guys like Owen Farrell, Toby Flood, Dan Biggar and Jonathan Sexton and it is them who are driving rugby forward.

"Perhaps they should be the ones driving this tour forward as well."

Last edited:

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
To be honest I'm more interested in England's Tour Of Argentina. What with the Chief's Rob Baxter assisting Stuart Lancaster I'm left wondering whether he's had a word in Lancasters's ear and that we might see some of the Chief's players join the tour. If so, I would have gone for Jack Nowell but I see he's in the England under 20's team along with four of his Exeter teammates in the IRB Junior World Championship in France this coming June.

So will any Chiefs make the Argentine tour? I say yes and go for Brett Sturgess, Luke Arscott and maybe Carl Rimmer.

MikeGrecian

Aaaahh more Egg Chasing.Excellent.:cool:

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Aaaahh more Egg Chasing.Excellent.:cool:
Nothing wrong with egg chasing.

If I was less tolerant of other people's interests I might go on about five days of organised loafing. ;)

Redvee

After not just today's game but the whole season, If Jonny Wilkinson is not in the squad, Warren Gatland is officially insane!

An unhealthy proportion of Gatlands selecetions for the tour are Welsh, no suprise really considering he managed the national side.
But he was correct not to include Wilkinson. A great player in his day but kicking is his only plus these days and with Farreell being the presumed fly half it is no loss not having Wilkinson there. Farrell has been the top kicker in union the last two years and is a better all round player that Wilkinson including abeing a superior tackler, something that is a massive plus when representing the Lions on tour.

More of a concern for me is taking the utterly useless tight head prop Adam Jones, an absolute average and limited player who has little impact when I have watched him. But I suppose being Welsh has sneaked him in.

Red Lion

How does Dylan hartley feel at the moment?!

Dylan

Probably a bit like the carrot that I just crunched!

Did he really tell his oppo, Youngs, that he was a F****ing Cheat or was it directed at the perrenial Idiot of a Ref, Wayne Barnes...

Only Hartley knows but he's fecked up a Lion's Tour!

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Probably a bit like the carrot that I just crunched!

Did he really tell his oppo, Youngs, that he was a F****ing Cheat or was it directed at the perrenial Idiot of a Ref, Wayne Barnes...

Only Hartley knows but he's fecked up a Lion's Tour!
The bloke's a loose cannon with a history of poor discipline. He's been banned in the past for eye-gouging and biting.

I'm more than pleased that Ulster's Rory Best in is going in his stead.

Dylan

Totally agree there, Stuffers.

The Aussies would have wound him up something chronic and he's a Yellow or Red waiting to happen.

Farrell took a Cheap Shot today and looks like another one they can wind up!

Good display today and looking good for The Tour.....