• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC v Rochdale A.F.C. Matchday Thread

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just got back after a 250 mile round trip to watch that utter dross. Rochdale fully deserved the win and they played some nice football at times. I hope that the City players are forced tow atch the game back again as they would see how to pass and move. If they were anywhere half clinical up front, it would have been a cricket score. I thought we were very fortunate to be 1-0 up at HT.

The match turned when Tisdale made the "super" decision to take Bauza off. Immediately then we had no focus up front. Bauza was winning a decent amount of balls thrown up to him and we had a chance of building attacks from there. as soon as Bauza went off, we were on the back foot, with no outlet and the rest as they say...

And Tis, there is no poiny ironically clapping the negative comments from behind you. it looks so petulant. After all, there was very little to cheer.

CityTillIDie

And Tis, there is no poiny ironically clapping the negative comments from behind you. it looks so petulant. After all, there was very little to cheer.
That was very childish of him.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
If what the 'victims' said is true, all he did was to tell Artur to kick it straight, and Artur turned round, told him to **** off, and stuck two fingers up at him. But I agree about the abuse from the back. Especially that bald disabled guy who is ALWAYS going after Artur. And another **** in a **** hat always going after woodman. - those two are very easy targets, but in my opinion are our two players of the season so far. Might get hounded for this, but I thought Davies was very good today. Woodman, Curo, and Davies stood out for me.
Seems the swear asterisks are working really hard in this post but have missed a vital one in the middle there!

crocks

On a positive note, City are this seasons top team in Devon. :)

hatch4england

TP says 'We're an average L2 side' - has the manager not read V10? We're meant to be using our stupendous ownership model to be pushing towards the Championship.

Another spiritless. gutless, undermotivated defeat by a pretty poor side (they were better than Argyle mind: the no 4 was pretty good...). One of the worst City performances in years. It really brought back the grim old days of Neil McNab.

Missing several of our best players, but man for man we've been as good as them or better over the last 2 games. What the Gargs and the Dale had that we didn't was grit and the willingness to put real effort into it. Mr Motivator her ain't.

Last edited:

Banksy

TP says 'We're an average L2 side' - has the manager not read V10? We're meant to be using our stupendous ownership model to be pushing towards the Championship.

Another spiritless. gutless, undermotivated defeat by a pretty poor side (they were better than Argyle mind: the no 4 was pretty good...). One of the worst City performances in years. It really brought back the grim old days of Neil McNab.

Missing several of our best players, but man for man we've been as good as them or better over the last 2 games. What the Gargs and the Dale had that we didn't was grit and the willingness to put real effort into it. Mr Motivator her ain't.
On that note is there any chance of Gow playing again this season?

Jammers20

Its not the first time Tisdale has moaned about the crowed or been abit petulant when people start having ago! One way to stop it is to put 11 men on the pitch that have the biggest pair of bollox going, will do anything for the team for that 90 minutes. show abit of heart and desire! they may not be the best squad of players in the world... but all i want is a team that battle untill the final whistle! If we see that Mr Tisdale ul soon win the hearts of the city faithful. Just hard work, commitment and a willinhness to do whatever for the shirt!!

crocks

I can forgive a lack of skill, but City cant even do the basics right.

It was clear at times that the players (especially Gosling) didnt have a clue of what to do with the ball.....and then didnt do anything with it. Is it because the players minds are so full of tactics and game plans and the like that they are actually too hamstrung to just play the game......

I will be extremely happy the day that Tis walks out of St JP for the last time......thanks for all that you have done for the club; there have been some magical moments.....but time is definitely up.

....now then Martin, how do you fancy a challenge at the other end of the country....Devon is so much nicer then ooop North you know!

A Slacker

Hats off to Rochdale. They played the better football and deserved the victory. I have to agree with Tis that this must have been one of the worst performances since he arrived. Unfortunately this follows another inept performance on Saturday and the two games together have been frankly shocking. For the club this is the worst possible timing with the "Super Saver" season tickets in their last week - sales will be slow.

However despite my frustration I have sympathy for the team and the coaching staff. We have lost the lost two games in midfield - Bennett and Molesley are not up to the job but what realistic options are there? Doherty and Oakley are massive losses while O'Flynn and Gow would add so much more as well. Not so sure about Sercombe.

Since 2006 we have played some cracking football but without Doherty, Oakley and Gow we just don't have the ability or the confidence to pass the ball anymore - hence the long ball which rarely works. We are also suffering from a lack of experience and leadership in the midfield.

We're currently nowhere near good enough to go up, however it would be great to sneak in the play offs with no pressure or expectation. If we get some of key players back, then we might just have an outside chance of Wembley. However at the moment it seems such long way away.

I have to say that Bauza impressed me today (as he often does) and I was disappointed that he went off. It was also good to see Curo score but not good to see him limp off.

One other thing - the ref stops the game for a head injury with City in an attacking position wide right. How is it fair that Rochdale are told to give the ball back to us and hoof I down into our half?

Now I'm going to get of this site and order my super saver season ticket. I hate losing but Saturday can't come soon enough. We can't be any worse than these last two games........can we?

crocks

I hope that the Curo injury was cramp.....but I fear it may be hamstring.