• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tiered Pricing (18-21)

lmartin

Administrator
A lot of clubs do it... I think it would raise our gates.

The difference in price between 18 and 19 is quite high. You go from paying £5/game on the BB to £17. That's more than 3 times the price and a big shock to the system when you've been going week in week out paying just a fiver.

I think we should have an 18 - 21 price band. Say around £10 or £12 or something - but not the full £17.

Do we ever do any visitor profiling at SJP? Asking for age of people while they queue for the turnstiles. I reckon we'd see a large number of under 18s then a small percentage in the 18 - 21 bracket.

Someone suggested this on the Siege Army Facebook Page and I agree so posting here to see what people think.

Liam

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
People who wave flags should be let in for free ;)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Saw the same comment. Must be worth considering. Not easy, financially, for someone at 6th form who has turned 18.

Though if they're a student they could have got in for a fiver tomorrow.

Grecian Max

Saw the same comment. Must be worth considering. Not easy, financially, for someone at 6th form who has turned 18.
Yeah I agree, and this is an important age for supporters - we want to keep them for life don't we? It's a steep rise, especially considering youth unemployment.

LOG

At the moment, do you have to show ID or do they just take your word for how old you are?

InTheBigBank

Resigned
At the moment, do you have to show ID or do they just take your word for how old you are?
Take your word.

I saw a geezer who looked about 25 go in for a 17 year old, he had a moustache and everything.

Poultice

The difference in price between 18 and 19 is quite high. You go from paying £5/game on the BB to £17.

Liam
You also go from being at school to having a job, I assume the club has discounted rates for useless layabouts, er, what's the word ? Students.

doebake

Ok then, how about this one. How about raising the age for concessions. Why should a 60 year old who works at the same place as me, doing the same job and earns the same wages, pay alot less than me to get in. Along with that, he gets a free bus pass to get into town and the winter warming allowance to make sure his house is nice and toasty when he gets home after a cold winters evening game. What with the age of retirement going up, surely this should be taken into account.

Rog H K

"You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time."
Mr A. Lincoln, Big Bank @SJP 2012.

Poultice

"You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time."
Mr A. Lincoln, Big Bank @SJP 2012.
I think Mr.Lincoln should have been denied entry for being drunk.