• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

New signing to be announced pm

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
You do know the story behind Notts County and their so-called "clout" I take it?
Indeed, and did it/does it stop them paying absurd wages? No, hence why we can't compete with them even now.

jr1871

You do know the story behind Notts County and their so-called "clout" I take it?
I was thinking that....fraudster, with no cash took a lot of people in. The club was rescued by a local businessman, who shipped out the big earners sharpish. Hughes probably is on 5k ish, but thats not a wild amount of money for a guaranteed goalscorer in L1, and looking at there squad list, is probably quite a lot more than the rest are on.

Grecian1966

I was thinking that....fraudster, with no cash took a lot of people in. The club was rescued by a local businessman, who shipped out the big earners sharpish. Hughes probably is on 5k ish, but thats not a wild amount of money for a guaranteed goalscorer in L1, and looking at there squad list, is probably quite a lot more than the rest are on.
Compared to Swansea it is where it has been revealed that one of the players who gained promotion last season (not a youngster) was on £1,350 a week.

Leanord

I heard somewhere that when Mido was at West Ham he was only on £1000 a week as well.

SG ReD

Leo, mido only wanted 1k a week, his choice he wanted to come back to prove himself and he threw himself at west ham saying I only want 1k,

Now that's a true football fan

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Once again Tis has come up trumps by not signing anyone. Another waste of time thread :'(

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'll be the first to say it - I don't think we need anyone else to succeed in this league.

I'd maybe have liked to see us sign a pacey wide man but it's not a necessity.

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
Nothing......but then again, much of the close season activity has produced....,Nothing!

UTC Big Bank

i'm still waiting in anticipation I think it will be Kaka on loan from Real Madrid for 6 months (needs the game time) plus he loves an injury so he's up tisdale's street :L :p

SG ReD

Maybe tisdale is going to sign himself to Bristol city