• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ryan Harley to join City....

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
As I understand it Jay, Ryan told Tisdale that he would NOT renew his contract for the 2011/12 season before the start of last season.

Thus when no one came in for him in August last year, or if they did, they did not offer enough cash. City were never going to get any significant money for him after that because the next time he could move was in January 2011 and at that time he was in control of his own destiny, not City.

City got money for Mackie, Friend, Moxey, and Seaborne because they went when there was still a significant period left on their contract. This tells me that Tis will sell if the money and circumstances allow him to.

Gill wanted to move, Cureton wanted to move, Taylor wanted to move and so did Jones. With the exception of Jones, Tisdale clearly attempted to retain the services of the others. However, because of our financial limitations he was in no position to match what the clubs that they went to were prepared to offer. This fact is borne out by Taylor's statement that if City were to progress further than League 1 they would have to pay more. The pity is we can't.
Yep that's fair enough. We can't compete with most teams which is frustrating but important and also correct. If we made the effort and Ryan refused then fair do's, just gotta swallow that one and move on.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Well, he had 3 years left on his Swansea deal. Brighton were reportedy going to pay us £30,000 for the four months left on his City contract. That suggests that he was always worth around £90,000 a year to them.

I bet there's nobody on the Swansea version of Exeweb saying he was worth a million. ;)
They would have, had they got to actually see him grace their ground, and run rings around Terry, Vidic, Enrique, Kompany etc... :p

Good luck to Ryan, will be great to see you clinch a 2nd promotion, to the premiership ;)

IndoMike

If only IndoMike was around. They seem to have a problem with using the English language correctly!
Tarred. You can't escape from the past. I will be classed as an English language nerd forever.What will the neighbors say?
PS. I hate Swansea. We wuz robbed..

Alistair20000

Tarred. You can't escape from the past. I will be classed as an English language nerd forever.What will the neighbors say?
PS. I hate Swansea. We wuz robbed..
As Mr Jason Harcourt would say:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:)

IndoMike

As Mr Jason Harcourt would say:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:)
Don't blame me : blame Pete.. Bloody Yanks..

Alistair20000

Don't blame me : blame Pete.. Bloody Yanks..
Indeed. Pete has a lot to answer for.

IndoMike

Indeed. Pete has a lot to answer for.
That is an understatement....

caskey

Now comfirmed as a Brighton player. Welcome aboard Harley as the Gus Bus is on a mission.

toast

Yep. Just seen it on sky sports. Has signed
for Brighton for a undisclosed fee.

wemissmoxey

Does Harley putt from the rough ?

Last edited: