• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

How long can the club punch above its weight?

les.gtfc

We managed it for about 20 years.

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don't believe League 2 is inexorable in the short to medium term, because it's mainly dependent on Tisdale and his legacy continuing to deliver success on the field. Because of the lack of money, geography and historical levels of support in less successful seasons, there's a very good chance City will return to the basement again at some time in the future. Hopefully not too soon though.

Many years ago I watched Palace v Chelsea, stood amongst the Eagles, and my overriding memory that day is of the constant whinging by Palace fans at their own players. Never experienced an atmosphere like it before or since, so I'm really surprised AcePal that you consider City fans as having 'a stinking attitude'. It's tame by comparison.

Yep, only serves to reinforce what I have always found, nothing good ever came from South of the water, Palace, sh*t club, sh*t fans.

The squad is stronger this season, in general we are younger, better and we will be fitter than ever, I would have taken any one of the half dozen youngsters over Stewart last season, this will see two or three of them get extended runs in the side where they will show their worth.

So Harley and some dorks in hospitality got booed, whoopee f*cking do, Harley shouldn't take penalties like a girl and corporates at a football match want napalming rather than booing.

Has your football ignorance always been this astounding?

Don't believe League 2 is inexorable in the short to medium term, because it's mainly dependent on Tisdale and his legacy continuing to deliver success on the field. Because of the lack of money, geography and historical levels of support in less successful seasons, there's a very good chance City will return to the basement again at some time in the future. Hopefully not too soon though.

Many years ago I watched Palace v Chelsea, stood amongst the Eagles, and my overriding memory that day is of the constant whinging by Palace fans at their own players. Never experienced an atmosphere like it before or since, so I'm really surprised AcePal that you consider City fans as having 'a stinking attitude'. It's tame by comparison.

Yeah but we have good reason to moan :) You lot still moan after years of success.

Grecian_Jay

I enjoy a good moan but what a pointless thread. We are only 2 players short of potentially having our best ever season. If we get 1 of these 2 players then we could easily better last seasons achievements.

This time of the year should be about looking forward and dreaming about what could be. Will we win the league? I highly doubt it but lets give it the best bloody shot we can and see where we come.

I enjoy a good moan but what a pointless thread. We are only 2 players short of potentially having our best ever season. If we get 1 of these 2 players then we could easily better last seasons achievements.
This time of the year should be about looking forward and dreaming about what could be. Will we win the league? I highly doubt it but lets give it the best bloody shot we can and see where we come.

But you've lost your two best players so that's a massive 'If'. Love the optimism though if not a wee bit head-in-the-sand.

Grecian_Jay

But you've lost your two best players so that's a massive 'If'. Love the optimism though if not a wee bit head-in-the-sand.
We just lack a creative midfielder now unless Bauza is going to step up, and then we need one more striker, if we don't get that then O'Flynn will step up.

Yeah Ryan and Jamie were big losses but we had plenty of games where Ryan didn't show up.

Poultice

Has your football ignorance always been this astounding?
Whereas your inability to appreciate the bleeding obvious will not surprise anybody.

The OP is pretty much as wrong as you could make it, why is it that anyone who has a user name with a superlative like Ace or finest in it seems to have none of the characteristics suggested by that epithet ?

Poultice

We just lack a creative midfielder
Shep and Frear will step up Jay, and they will turn up for every game.

Grecian_Jay

Shep and Frear will step up Jay, and they will turn up for every game.
I sure hope they do. It's do or die for these lads, they've been on the books a while now so gotta make the grade.