• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

SJP redevelopment

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
It does look good and financially viable.
If it, or similar, gets the green light when do they propose the work will be done???
And what sort of time frame would it take as who knows next year we could be in the championship.
Whether we are in the championship or Coca Cola can we afford half the ground to be closed for long periods of time!
Has that been factored in financially?
?
Asked about this today. The theory is that the development will be done in stages and that fans will me moved around the ground, as needed, as the new facilitiies are built.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
think it was mentioned that while old grandstand was demolished there would be a temp stand at away end to house fans who normally inhabit old grandstand, which i guess would stay until the new side stand was built. so we would have at worse a capacity of just over seven thousand.

would be fine if in L1, if we were in the championship we would have no choice but to lose out on chance of bigger crowds for a season, but it would be a nice problem to have if 7k wasn't big enough to meet demand.

bigtrees

After attending the exhibition, got to say very impressed with the plans and the background work done by the club.

After having a talk with the architect i gleened that the project will be financed by a pension fund, they will put the money up for the build, and students will pay for the accomodation as way of a rent back into the pension fund. After 35 years the project will have been payed for in full, and thereafter will be profit.

The council are for once looking on the development in a favourable light, as the Uni. needs 2500 extra beds, this project achieves 20% of that sum.

The Old Grandstand will be removed first and a temp. stand (much like those at Sandy Park) will be installed at the away end. This will keep the capacity at around 6500-7000, seeing as City average 5500 this shouldin't be to much of a problem.

Any down sizing of the units, below 490, will effect the size of the new stand, maybe losing the top tier above the boxes.

All in all the development looks well thought out, and won't cost City a great deal personally to fund. Lets hope it gets off the ground.

ecfc01

If we are upgrading a our ground why only by 2000 and something, Why not 4000, Trust one day it will pay off, but It wont add too much to the price

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
If we are upgrading a our ground why only by 2000 and something, Why not 4000, Trust one day it will pay off, but It wont add too much to the price
"Pint into half pint pot" comes to mind.

chrisnaan

I believe the rule of thumb for costing stadium development is approx £1000 per seat. If I am correct it would cost an extra £2Million for 2000 additional seats.

crocks

A general question:

Has there been any feedback from the local public; good, bad or indifferent?

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
A general question:

Has there been any feedback from the local public; good, bad or indifferent?
As regards the feedback forms available at the ground on Fri and Sat.....because a lot of students who live in the area attended, officials were unable to read much of the handwriting^o)

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
I believe the rule of thumb for costing stadium development is approx £1000 per seat. If I am correct it would cost an extra £2Million for 2000 additional seats.
The current cost is approximately £1600 per seat.

ecfc01

I bet the contractors are laughing, I can get a seat and a few bolts for a tenner :)