• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Charity Match for Cancer Research

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can I just say for those who have seen the story in today's echo, I did not say most of that stuff! I am not the organiser, Mario is. I actually text him Specifically asking for his full name as the paper asked who is organising it. I also don't know if Marie is attending and didn't mention her name, or I didn't mention any of our players specifically-they asked for the names of the people on my team as they are doing photos tomorrow and they chose to mention flacky and Logie's brother.

But f*ck it all publicity is good publicity. Roll on tomorrow.
I dont know why you felt the need to draw up three lengthy consecutive posts in a row regarding my observations over your original post above. I made my comments based on the flimsy and somewhat hard to understand content, and I stand by what I originally said. I cant see why you felt the need to go into such detail about your involvement. At the end of the day though, all I care about is the Stansfields, and that as much money is raised for them as is humanly possible. I'm sure we all agree on that. Whether the correct people get the praise for their fundraising efforts is certainly out of my hands from here.

citysfinest

The big powers have silenced me. So much for free
I dont know why you felt the need to draw up three lengthy consecutive posts in a row regarding my observations over your original post above. I made my comments based on the flimsy and somewhat hard to understand content, and I stand by what I originally said. I cant see why you felt the need to go into such detail about your involvement. At the end of the day though, all I care about is the Stansfields, and that as much money is raised for them as is humanly possible. I'm sure we all agree on that. Whether the correct people get the praise for their fundraising efforts is certainly out of my hands from here.
Well it's all been rectified and it's a good day so thanks for
Your concern but they were concerns shared with my own.
So let's draw a line under it now.

And for those who care, first result was my exeter team vs argyle and we won 7-2 :)

exeter4eva

8-2 my friend....
and how the hell did you score 4?!

Last edited:

citysfinest

8-2 my friend....
and how the hell did you score 4?!
Well 2 were typical striker poacher goals that needed a tap in, the shot from outside box went under keeper. But the other one, come on credit where it's due. Could teach ronaldo a thing or two with skills like that

exeter4eva

haha the 3rd (or was it 4th?) was a quality goal!

Mario

Not as good as the Argyle second, what a belter! Class above though in that first game as the scoreline suggested. The second was a nail-biter!

Good day though guys. The final will be a cracking day out.

Thanks to everyone involved.

BASH

Not as good as the Argyle second, what a belter! Class above though in that first game as the scoreline suggested. The second was a nail-biter!

Good day though guys. The final will be a cracking day out.

Thanks to everyone involved.
thankyou for getting it set up!

citysfinest

Yeah Mario you did a great job really enjoyed it as I'm sure everyone involved did. Our 3 o'clock team did a great job- penalties is always an awful way to end a close match but someone has to win and it's a complete gamble. The lads who missed, don't feel down boys you all played well and raised money so hold your heads high

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The lads who missed, don't feel down boys you all played well and raised money so hold your heads high
Thanks mate, sadly i was one of the people to miss :mad: just too easy a save for the keeper, but like you say we were all part of raising a lot of money for a great cause and in memory of a City legend.

Well done on the 8-2 win, was a good watch and Flacky's passing was sublime at times! Great to see the big man playing again.

Our game was a decent match and IMO we would've won if it wasn't for some very dodgy decisions from the pro Argyle officials. Some great goals throughout the day and great entertainment.

Well done to everyone who joined in and a big thanks to those who organised it. Cracking day.

citysfinest

Thanks mate, sadly i was one of the people to miss :mad: just too easy a save for the keeper, but like you say we were all part of raising a lot of money for a great cause and in memory of a City legend.

Well done on the 8-2 win, was a good watch and Flacky's passing was sublime at times! Great to see the big man playing again.

Our game was a decent match and IMO we would've won if it wasn't for some very dodgy decisions from the pro Argyle officials. Some great goals throughout the day and great entertainment.

Well done to everyone who joined in and a big thanks to those who organised it. Cracking day.

There will be a final and 3 v 4 play off, so go out there and get 3rd. You have the players an decency to win it and should have today but that's football. Your disallowed goal was never anything wrong with, but again, that's football. Flacky was good, all our players came together well. I thought we'd win
But not by that much and def didn't think I'd get 4, but buzzin. Easter Sunday get on it bays.