• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter city V Brentford JPT Matchday Thread

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
My problem is that I can't comprehend how we'll turn this around. That is near enough our best team.
We will. Just think back to pre- Argyle league game, we were looking pretty decent.

Form is form.

IndoMike

My problem is that I can't comprehend how we'll turn this around. That is near enough our best team.
I agree. We've got some negative momentum going on and it's not easy to reverse that. Why the hell we didn't bring in a midfielder on loan I don't know : we knew Harley might be going off, and it might have freshened up the squad a bit. Or a centre back, or left back. I noticed many of our rivals brought in some loan players during the window. It's vital we get at least three points from the next 2 games, otherwise we'll get well and truly sucked in. God knows what the players' confidence levels are like now. As you say, we don't have many choices : we both said months ago that the squad was lacking in numbers/quality.

Is this post a bit like a pug ?

You now how they can be sooooo ugly that they become cute ?

Or is it simply the misguided rambling of a complete idiot ?
Shut the f**ck up, big boy. Noble was better than most. No great, but at least capable on a fair number of occasions of passing the ball to his own players.

Poultice

Noble was better than most. No great, but at least capable on a fair number of occasions of passing the ball to his own players.
You are Ray Charles and I claim my five pounds.

Noble couldn't pass wind or tackle half a lager last night, he was the fetid stench of our own little sh*t creek and Cheesy had the paddle stuck up his arse the whole time.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Reserve game against Torquay this afternoon, wonder if any of the reserves have the gumption to prove to Tis that they can step up?

Poultice

Reserve game against Torquay this afternoon, wonder if any of the reserves have the gumption to prove to Tis that they can step up?
Cheesy doesn't do changing his mind.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Wish I had listened to the BBC Radio 2 folk awards last night now!!

The match last night was f*ckin' dire, another inept performance throughout the team.

Hamer 5
Duffy 4
Taylor 5
Troy 5
Jones 2
Dunne 6
Noble 5
Harley 4
Sercombe 5
Cureton 5
O'Flynn 4

Logan 5
Nardiello 6
Golbourne 4

Poultice

Wish I had listened to the BBC Radio 2 folk awards last night now!!
Nah !

Nothing is that bad.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
I'll listen to it tonight on the listen again facility :):p C'mon Bellowhead!! [party]

arthur

Why the hell we didn't bring in a midfielder on loan I don't know :
The midfield is where the problem lies. The first half midfield on Saturday, featuring guest appearances from the ECFC legends squad, gave a masterclass in keeping possession and control.

Bertie and Sir Rob are clearly not a long term solution but perhaps moving Troy up into Edwards in front of the back line position could be seriously considered now.

That highlights the gap that really does need filling - a left sided centre back who is not called Billy Jones. If Troy were in midfield we'd only have two centre backs in the squad (Taylor and Duffy) - this plus the fact that clean sheets are like hen's teeth suggests that this is where the emergency loan recruitment needs to be