• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Match Off

FAN-TATIC

On the SDJP Pitch Update thread I stated that hopefully God would not desert us in our hour of need. He is definitely up for grabs in the January window now!

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well done to the Club for reporting early. [y]

Thankful the next time we play Swindon, Charlie Austin will have been transferred away.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not only do i not get to perve at him today, and i miss the rearranged game, i can't even perve at him if i went to Swindon :'(

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
<< Off to play ECFC V Swindon subbuteo (astroturf pitch here) in my game Austin will be injured

Gonna start with 3 up front and kill the game off first half, I predict City will win 7-2

Last edited:

Rog H K

<< Off to play ECFC V Swindon subbuteo (astroturf pitch here) in my game Austin will be injured

Gonna start with 3 up front and kill the game off first half, I predict City will win 7-2
I went up to Preston in the 80's to watch city play when Deepdale had astroturf, Game was off due to frozen pitch !!!???? . I'd have an early pitch inspection of your kitchen table if i were you. 8-|

Ex4-1904

Good effort by all those helped clear the snow any how , with Swindon on a short drive away I'm sure the ref could have waited till at least 12 before he said no

I went up to Preston in the 80's to watch city play when Deepdale had astroturf, Game was off due to frozen pitch !!!???? . I'd have an early pitch inspection of your kitchen table if i were you. 8-|

You thinking of Oldham?? Can't remember Preston having a plastic pitch.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good effort by all those helped clear the snow any how , with Swindon on a short drive away I'm sure the ref could have waited till at least 12 before he said no
Yep..A shame for those who worked so hard over the past few days..Gutted for those supporters...

A early decision is correct.I have been on the wrong end of many late postponements after travelling...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So disappointing.

Will have to spend that day with family now. D'oh!

Oldsmobile-88

You thinking of Oldham?? Can't remember Preston having a plastic pitch.
They did...They definitely had a plastic pitch when i visited Deepdale in 1986-87

Last edited:

PeteUSA

Thats a very good point. I'm taking it that (understandably) the decision was made by Clive P. and the City groundstaff, thus preventing the officials (who would have needed to be paid) and the Swindon team from setting out.