• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sheff Wed Fans Reaction....

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
the bit about the away steward made me smile...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
the bit about the away steward made me smile...
Transferred him in from Shrewsbury no doubt!

sharky

Youre not famous , your re not famous , youre not famous anymore .....

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
F*ck me, 'ramble' doesn't do that justice :)

Seriously though, a very good read.
I concur. Started reading it at 10am mind ;) I like reading blogs like that from proper football fans, fairly balanced opinion on the game but more about the journey and the day than the 90 minutes on the pitch. Good work [y]

FAN-TATIC

What are SW fans moaning for. When they were in the old 1st Division we beat 'em 4-1 in the Carling only 4 days after they beat Liverpool 4-1 (1 think) at Anfield.

I remember standing in the BB for that game and there was no crowd segregation then. Wednesday fans were telling anyone who would listen that Big John (Ritchie???) would be coming on 2nd half and things would return to normal. They did, we continued to score and they didn't!

We've gone a up little in the world since then, whilst they have come tumbling down. Get used to it SW fans, you are just a League 1 team, like we are.

You have all the trappings of a big club agreed, but a team that is clearly League 1. You play the team, not the club.

The league position doesn't lie.

Stop living on past glories and get a grip!

Now, where did I put that valium!

Last edited:

andrew p long

What are SW fans moaning for. When they were in the old 1st Division we beat 'em 4-1 in the Carling only 4 days after they beat Liverpool 4-1 (1 think) at Anfield.

I remember standing in the BB for that game and there was no crowd segregation then. Wednesday fans were telling anyone who would listen that Big John (Ritchie???) would be coming on 2nd half and things would return to normal. They did, we continued to score and they didn't!

We've gone a up little in the world since then, whilst they have come tumbling down. Get used to it SW fans, you are just a League 1 team, like we are.

You have all the trappings of a big club agreed, but a team that is clearly League 1. You play the team, not the club.

The league position doesn't lie.

Stop living on past glories and get a grip!

Now, where did I put that valium!
If it was 1968 I'm afraid it was only 3-1.

andrew p long

Great post from Beastie.Must have a read of the ramble during (most of) the mas hols.

What did he make of the away terrace?

Beastie

Great post from Beastie.Must have a read of the ramble during (most of) the mas hols.

What did he make of the away terrace?
I love it mate, what's not to like?
Open ended standing terrace, it's heart of football stuff.

We went back to Brentford this season and they've changed it there, covered what used to be the away end and it's not the same.

I'm not a modern ground type of footy fan, there's exceptions but most of em are much of a muchness and have Ikea stamped all ower em, go to a ground like yours and it just oozes proper footy.

Antony Moxey

My version of events is here...
Really enjoyed reading that - it's funny how it's more often than not that it's the footy that spoils a cracking day out - however, and it's probably just my soft southern shandiness coming through, but it did start to get a bit irritating reading 'chuffing' and 'fooking' two or three times per sentence.

Great story though, and glad you got home safely in the end.

LOG

I love it mate, what's not to like?
Open ended standing terrace, it's heart of football stuff.

We went back to Brentford this season and they've changed it there, covered what used to be the away end and it's not the same.

I'm not a modern ground type of footy fan, there's exceptions but most of em are much of a muchness and have Ikea stamped all ower em, go to a ground like yours and it just oozes proper footy.
Were you lucky enough to use the away end toilets? +o(