• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Flapper Jones

Southampton Gull

I finally caught up with the FLS highlights this morning and nearly choked on my cornflakes when I saw the third Brentford goal. Totally hilarious, Jones tries to dive on a ball, problem was, it wasn't where he dived, funniest gaffe I've ever seen, he really is a clown.

Loved some of the comments on WOWS about him

The most overated Exeter player we currently have imo, the way people go on about him being one of the best keepers in the lower leagues makes me wonder If I have been permantly drunk for five years.
time for Jones to be dropped, quite possibly his worst ever performance in a city shirt today. he should have been subbed after conceding the third goal
I would say hung not dropped!! He's a flapper that's cost us on to many occasions! Can't even kick a ball! Mr t should of subbed him after 2 goals. Give arter a game!!!
Thats got to be one of the worse goalkeeping displays i have seen at City in my 30 years of following them.
Decision making poor, punching poor,coming for crosses poor, kicking poor.
How many saves did he have to make apart from the 4 goals, hardly any.
I'd like to see him dropped on tuesday. He was a clown today no doubt about it.
Some will say we have had far worse goalies and dont get me wrong we have but today his allround game was terrible for nearly all the 90 minutes.
Wel ldone for the 2 penalty saves, i think my gran would have saved the first one mind, but all to little too late.
Game was over by then.
Give Artur a go and see how he does.
By the way Jamie Cureton is top quality!
Drop Jones immediately. He was useless today and should have been taken off after 5 minutes
Oh, this one made me chuckle

Sorry, but even after being in the way of those two rubbish penalties can't disguise the fact that Jonesy was crap yesterday.
So, Jones is just what a few of us have been telling you all along, a FLAPPER :D

Discuss

<sneer>

IJN

Very well known Exeweb poster
BWP will have fun, that's for sure.

<smirk>

angelic upstart

He isn't a flapper. But it was a genuinely poor performance.

I would rather him in between the sticks than Danny Potter and that Crouch lookalike.

wemissmoxey

He isn't a flapper. But it was a genuinely poor performance.

I would rather him in between the sticks than Danny Potter and that Crouch lookalike.
What Scott Bevan, that guy belongs in Paignton Zoo.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
BWP will have fun, that's for sure.

<smirk>
Oh no he won't.................................................we've got cameras everywhere. ;)

Grecian Max

He's sh*t, I've said it time and time again.

Thanks for stating the obvious, then.

Stuart Storer's Tache

He's sh*t, I've said it time and time again.

Thanks for stating the obvious, then.
Whilst sh*t is a bit harsh, he just doesn't seem to be progressing.

I bet SG has been dying to start this thread, I'm surprised it took him this long.

Any club that has Danny Potter in their squad has my sympathy.

jmgull

:D

Jones has always appeared "dodgy" to me, could never see the fuss about him tbh......although to be fair to him he admitted after the game that he was in fact, trying to catch a grasshopper at the time and the pesky thing wouldnt sit still.

I also loved the way that Duffy? hit the post when following up for Brentfords 2nd missed pen......so close to blooper immortality.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/9143620.stm

Grecian Max

:D

Jones has always appeared "dodgy" to me, could never see the fuss about him tbh......
He still flaps at crosses. He's very dodgy with his kicking (I panic everytime the ball goes back to him, think Zebroski '08 or further back Northwich '05 when he completely air kicked and it went in...) he is a good shot stopper but can't deal with looping shots or crosses (gets done time and time again) Terrible communication with his defence. Lack of a swagger, an arrogance that good goalies have.

Can you take him off our hands?

Last edited:
Lack of a swagger, an arrogance that good goalies have.

Just a technical point here, but I do not remember Gordan Banks, Peter Shilton, Ray Clemence, Joe Corrigan, Alex Stepney etc.....having swagger or arrogance.

Last edited: