• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tescos.. Wine again! 6 bottles @ 8 each for £18?

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm lost.
Me too. As Jan will verify, I can neither navigate nor count.

LammieLammieLammie

too busy looking for a cheap paint sprayer mate! ;):D

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Me too. As Jan will verify, I can neither navigate nor count.
I'm not much better, as confirmed last week. Was on the way to MK Dons and eventually resorted to the sat nav, which took me about 300 yards away to a huge stadium shaped thing that I'd somehow managed to drive right passed without even seeing :D

Swanaldo

I'm not much better.
Did your passengers, at any point, have to shout the words "Red Light!" at you. If not, you are a better driver than me :$ :D

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Did your passengers, at any point, have to shout the words "Red Light!" at you. If not, you are a better driver than me :$ :D
Why? What you're supposed to do at a red light?

Red the Paper

Banned
Drink quality wine not sh*t.

How the other half live!

Red Box

:D

Ant, that's not like you!

T42

Tessers have a 25% off wine offer at the mo...

and the 25% is based on the price on the shelf... So, if there is a 2 for £10 offer on , the 25% offer is based on the price of the bottle... in this case an Argentinian Shiraz at £7.98 a bottle.

£7.98 @ 6 = £48 give or take 12p...
25% = £12 off , meaning £36.

then, you get the 2 for £10 offer...so thats £6 off 2 bottles, so that's £18 off 6.

£36 - £18 = £18.

That's what my receipt said anyway, if they would have served me.

Ant, I will bring one around mate.

Thanks Lammie!

I went over today and picked up 3 red and 3 white of the same wine. However, I also received an extra 10% off the price (wife's discount card)and gained 50 extra clubcard points by using a voucher and the kind lady also gave me 10 extra points for re-using a bag.

By the time you max up the points etc. I paid approx £13 for 6 bottles of £8.00 a bottle wine.

Cheers mate [y]

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Just nipped in on the way home from the match, got 8 bottles of Chilean Isla Negra, 6 x Sauv blanc, 2 x Isla Negra Rosaaaay; half price @ £4 per bottle + the 25% off, it's gonna be a good evening.... hic

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
My 83p a bottle home made red might not be quite up to the £8 per bottle quality, but it's got plenty of olycockol innit and after 3-4 large glasses to drown my sorrows after todays excitement at the Park, who gives a f*ck...I'm happy...bring on the next bootlaces!

Antony Moxey

Drink quality wine not sh*t.

How the other half live!
How do you define quality? It tastes better? That's up to the individual, not the price tag. Flavour is subjective, so there is no right and wrong as to which is better.

Snobbery - how the other half live!