• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tescos.. Wine again! 6 bottles @ 8 each for £18?

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
If anyones interested , i'll explain my theory.. it's all about the 25% off offer.

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
If anyones interested , i'll explain my theory.. it's all about the 25% off offer.
It's getting late, but come on then, let's have it!

Antony Moxey

Lammie, fancy bringing one (or more) over? I'm just about out here.

:D

LammieLammieLammie

Ant, that's not like you!

T42

Tessers have a 25% off wine offer at the mo...

and the 25% is based on the price on the shelf... So, if there is a 2 for £10 offer on , the 25% offer is based on the price of the bottle... in this case an Argentinian Shiraz at £7.98 a bottle.

£7.98 @ 6 = £48 give or take 12p...
25% = £12 off , meaning £36.

then, you get the 2 for £10 offer...so thats £6 off 2 bottles, so that's £18 off 6.

£36 - £18 = £18.

That's what my receipt said anyway, if they would have served me.

Ant, I will bring one around mate.

StixUK

T42

and the 25% is based on the price on the shelf... So, if there is a 2 for £10 offer on , the 25% offer is based on the price of the bottle... in this case an Argentinian Shiraz at £7.98 a bottle.

then, you get the 2 for £10 offer...so thats £6 off 2 bottles, so that's £18 off 6.

£36 - £18 = £18.

Don't forget your double clubcard points which will be worth 18p as well and worth 4x more if you swap them for Tesco Rewards, but beware the system is changing soon

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Shall I make the 'buying cheap wine for kids' gag or wait for someone wittier to do it?

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev

T42

£36 - £18 = £18.

Lammie..I make my own...(once you have a big bucket etc), cabernet sauvignon (or saivignon blanc) kit -£22.40. 2x2kg bags of sugar....follow very simples instructions...7 days later....30 bottles of wine....and not bad either...when times is 'ard...give it a go, about 83p a bottle! Orders please.

Antony Moxey

Tell me about it mate! Got back from shopping and cracked one open while cooking tea then realised - after too many glasses - that I'd miscalculated and by then it was too late (and too illegal) to restock. Bugger!

:D:mad::'(

LammieLammieLammie

about 83p a bottle! Orders please.
Retail price? :D

LammieLammieLammie

Tell me about it mate! Got back from shopping and cracked one open while cooking tea then realised - after too many glasses - that I'd miscalculated and by then it was too late (and too illegal) to restock. Bugger!

:D:mad::'(
Gutted for you mate!

I bought a bottle of Marstons pedigree for £1.33 that i was REALLY looking forward to... and then it fell out the bag at Roseland! Gutted!