• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yeovil Town v Exeter City Matchday Thread

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well I would like to say apology accepted, but I think the "endless negative rubbish" comment put paid to that!

Read the last six or eight posts like I did before posting, and see if you think the input in general isnt a teensy weensy bit negative. F*ck the radio commentary!

There's no need to respond again, although I suspect you will. I'm logging off. Got other things to do than discuss a match that it would appear was between two poor teams.
You're a sensitive boy for someone who enjoys moaning quite so much. I'm happy to reply again, it's a failing of mine that I enjoy biting too much.

The previous ten posts (abridged version) mention Taylor being better than TAH (no City fan will disagree with that but it doesn't mean that we were rubbish), the highlights on the BBC, Billy having a good game, Duffy and Scott being involved in scoring a goal and Harley being crap for the goal at Dagenham. From this you have deduced that Yeovil could easily have won. I've got to say that I don't find it that negative, A377 lad and Matty said that we'd be stronger with Matty T but that's not really negative, it's a matter of fact.

At the moment we could do with a bit more strength at the back, but conceding one goal away from home isn't that bad, especially as Yeovil had a few fairly tall players.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pete, Yeovil were w*nk and we were sh*t hot.

Nuff said.

There seem to be a fair number of posts after every match which point out that the opposing team could have scored x more goals than they did if such and such a header didn' t hit the bar, or such and such a shot didn' t go inches past the post etc. etc.

But that is how football is. There are very very few games where chances don' t go begging that could and should have been scored. Maybe Chelsea or Man Utd will play the odd league game where the opposition do not get a single opportunity to score but it isn' t going to happen too often in Division 1. And it all evens out anyway, in as much as we also miss numerous chances over the season that we should have scored from.

So all that matters is that we beat Yeovil 3 1. Who cares that they had chances they could have converted ? Every other game we play this season will be the same in the sense of throwing up a whole host of what ifs and maybes....

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone see Marcus's warm up at half time?
What was it, Tai Chi or Kung Fu?

Very strange.

Last edited:

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pete, Yeovil were w*nk and we were sh*t hot.

Nuff said.
Harleylujah!

Well, I thought we were below par overall, but still deserved to win and the scoreline didn't flatter us.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
What was it, Tai Chi or Kung Fu?

Very strange.
Not sure this answers either

Grecian2K

Did occur to me that, once well into injury time (& if only to break play up), Tis might have subbed Logie (to a wholly earned ovation from the away end) for Marcus (for truly deserved acclaim for both sets of fans)

Guess our gaffer is just not the sentimental type ;)

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Did occur to me that, once well into injury time (& if only to break play up), Tis might have subbed Logie (to a wholly earned ovation from the away end) for Marcus (for truly deserved acclaim for both sets of fans)

Well he brought him on against Ipswich and threw him straight up front.....he nearly scored too! ;)

Cravat

I was surprised Stewart didn' come on for 5 minutes at the end. I wonder if Tis was keen for a Logan hattrick - I know I was!!

Oldsmobile-88

Wise man..Sentiment & football are not a good mix...