• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yeovil Town v Exeter City Matchday Thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Of course he would, BJ and Duffy to an extent are both poor in the air, add that to Jonesy's vampirish dislike of crosses then you have a pretty weak ass mix, the Dags goal was worse still cos any one but Harley on the line and it would probably have been cleared.
It was amazing how extra height over our defenders Sam Williams got. At least a head and shoulder above.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oh great, we get the two extra points do we ?
Behave.....you grumpy old sod!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Highlights of just the game now up on the BBC.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/9016306.stm

A377 Lad

Taylor would have only made a difference if he was marking Williams, it still leaves other attackers to be marked by the likes of Billy Jones.

crocks

Thought that Billy had a decent enough game on Saturday - definitely signs of improvement.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Noble first time ball out to Scotty on the left who chipped the ball into the area, Duffy (what on earth was he doing there?), instinctively flicked the ball up and Logie (quick as a flash) guided the ball into the corner with his head.
Duffy had drifted upfield with the attack after an interchange of passes and realised that while he was up there he may as well support our front two, a bit like a sweeper can. Its a luxury you can exploit from time to time when you have 5 at the back, as long as the full backs haven't pushed up. Worked a treat this time.

Poultice

Behave.....you grumpy old sod!
I'm all for redemption when people make mistakes, at Dag Harley didn't even try, there is nowhere to go from that, he could have just stood where he was supposed to be and the ball would have hit him.

Besides, I only do grumpy on Mondays.

Sandstorm

Get Matty in that back three and he's going to deal with set pieces into the box. Will Troy be able to operate on the right of a three? Can Duffy go to the left?

Questions, questions.

Ian Tarr

Its a luxury you can exploit from time to time when you have 5 at the back, as long as the full backs haven't pushed up. Worked a treat this time.
Since Golbourne supplied the cross, I would suggest that at least one of the full-backs (wing-backs?) had pushed up on this occasion.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Since Golbourne supplied the cross, I would suggest that at least one of the full-backs (wing-backs?) had pushed up on this occasion.
Indeed. I was talking theoretically, Ian. I actually noticed Duffy look around (almost guiltily) before continuing further upfield with the attack, but he didn't look behind him which would have told him that Golbourne was doing the same.