The Things you Need to Know – Sixfields
- Sixfields Stadium, Northampton, NN5 5QA.
- Stadium size: 7,653
- What is the stadium like: Newish all seater stadium and situated out of town. Dull. A new East Stand is being built, and is nearing completion.
- POTG or ticket entry. Entry by ticket. Bought in advance from Exeter’s reception then there is a £2 discount and priced at Adults: £20, Over-65: £16, Under-18: £8, Under-7: Free. Wheelchair disabled adult: £14 and Assistant: Free. If paying on the day, there is a ticket booth outside the away end.
- Ticket information can be found on the official site – Here.
- Bar inside the ground? No.
- what is the away end like? Seated under cover in the North Stand, which can accommodate 800 fans. Good view of the pitch from behind the goal. Refreshment area to the right of the stand, plenty of toilets. Their website has a page dedicated to ensuring fans sit down!
- arrangements for disabled supporters. 9 spaces in the North Stand with the away supporters, pitch side. Check for information here.
- Sat Nav post code: NN5 5QA. Directions from St James Park to Sixfields Stadium here.
- Mileage: 187 miles each way, fuel costs in the region of £70. Likely travel time 3 hours 47 minutes each way.
if travelling by train you can disembark from Northampton railway station, which is about 2 miles from the ground – 30 minute walk. Either take the 22 bus, or share a taxi.
Train from Exeter St Davids. 2 singles at £28.00 and £21.50, total £49.50. Departing Exeter St Davids at 07.23 arriving in Northampton at 11.21 via Birmingham New Street. Returning at 18.05 arriving home at 22.35 via via Birmingham New Street.
more information on travel can be found here – Ground Guide.
- Tourist Information Board website: VisitNorthamptonshire.
Nothing decent near the ground, though on the leisure park, there is a TGI Fridays or maybe try the Tenpin Bowling Alley.
Back in to town, there are a few pubs. Ther are two Wetherspoons, The Eastgate is a 17 minute walk from the train station and away from the ground, or The Moon on the Square, which is a 13 minute walk from the station and also away from the ground.
The Malt Shovel Tavern also comes highly recommended, plenty of real ales including beers from the Oakham brewery. The pub is about 12 minutes from the station, just away from the town centre.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.