• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

You have never had it so good.........

Maurice

I too remeber Parsley Celtic, loosing to Salisbury (Moris Wright was so busy abusing Tisdale on his way out he forgot his walking stick and had to come back for it whilst launching a further tyrade at Tis) but I also think of victories over Wednesday: home and away, the JPT and beating Leeds at SJP.
If your going to have a go at least spell it right. Bleddy rubbish.

Mackster

Surely the lowest point was losing 1-0 at Woking on freezing Tuesday in 2006 to complete 4 successive losses in the Conf. We started with Farrell & Jake Edwards which surely puts our striking problem into context, however we did bring on Super Lee, Flacky & Mackie.

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would sooner be sh*t with no dept. than good with loads of dept.
Would that be no commercial dept Norm ?

Poultice

No I can't name any of the billion reasons, that's my point. And neither can you. Just because we haven't made a plethora of top notch signings or aren't in the top three doesn't mean we haven't done anything to try and remedy that. Again, that's my point, like me you have absolutely no idea what the club has been doing - or trying to do - to identify the 'problem and do something about it'.

As for me sitting here thinking everything is OK, where have I said anything of the sort?
So, you're saying the Club has done feck all ?

IBA

Can't argue with OP, makes perfect sense to me, who would anyone believe that this season would be any different to any other. We'll be okay there's no need to panic. It's only sept 14th for goodness sake!

FAN-TATIC

Hate these types of thread. A bunch of tinters stickign together banging on about history. Last season counts for f*ck all if we are relegated does it. The whole reason we're in this mess is because Tisdale and co got complacent after last season.

You can either bury heads in sand and hang on to last season or you can realise there is a problem and do something about it.
In what way exactly did Tisdale and Co get complacent" Jay?

Poultice

Well they allowed the core of our team to move on then replaced them with players who either haven't turned up yet or can't cut it.

Simples.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Try to keep up! They didn't sign anyone on Jay's wish list, thinking that the kids were going to save the club. Oh yes, and Tis should have got Harley to sign a contract extension. Threatened him with a baseball bat or something.

FAN-TATIC

Well they allowed the core of our team to move on then replaced them with players who either haven't turned up yet or can't cut it.

Simples.
"they allowed the core of the team to move on." ALLOWED them to move on, they weren't bloody jailbirds who slipped through the wire fence under cover of darkness Poults.

Taylor: Announced only days ago that HE had made up his mind to move on before City's game at the Valley last February. Tisdale announced publicly during the close season that "the door remains open for Matt". However, he could not force him to stay.

Harley: Informed Tisdale at the start of last season that HE had decided not to extend his contract. Tisdale could not force him to.

Cureton: Tisdale announced publicly that he did not want Jamie to leave. However, he also added "the problem appeared to be more about his (JC's) domestic considerations than about football". Jamie announced at SJP after the last home game last season that" I only came to Exeter because nobody else wanted me." He also stated later I want to play for a club situated closer to where I live. Tisdale maybe 'God" in some's eyes but he can't relocate Exeter.

He did NOT allow them to leave, he was in no position to MAKE them stay.

As for replacements.

Coles in my opinion having watched him in each game he has played so far is improving all the time and I think will continue to do so as time goes by.

Bauza, as of yet we haven't seen much of due to injury. However, what we have seen is very promising.

That just leaves Cureton's position. We ain't got the money that will get us a 20 goal a season striker. Although Jamie was more a one season 20 goals striker.

I haven't seen any sign of 'complacency' but that is probably due to the fact that I am not constantly at the side of Tisdale and Perryman so I can't comment on what they have or have not done. Complacency implies that the have done nothing, I don't buy that for a moment.

Poultice

He did NOT allow them to leave, he was in no position to MAKE them stay.
So you would say that he allowed a situation to arise in which he was unable to retain the core of his team ?

If not complacent then downright careless imho.

Less money on coaches and Suits and more on the squad might be in order before things go fubar.