• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

York City Away - Saturday 1st March

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
£5 single to get back from York to London! Couldn't match that for the journey up. A good day out for London Exiles. Clap, clap here.

Ground guide - http://www.exeweb.com/2012/08/16/the-things-you-need-to-know-bootham-crescent/

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
£5 single to get back from York to London! Couldn't match that for the journey up. A good day out for London Exiles. Clap, clap here.

Ground guide - http://www.exeweb.com/2012/08/16/the-things-you-need-to-know-bootham-crescent/
Wow..That is a result..£54 single for me travelling back from York to Exeter(the same for the reverse journey) Thats if anything is running that day..

Leads

I will hopefully be there.

Youuuuuuuuuuuuu reds.

York

Flying north ? Fly beware !
Not sure if many grecians will be flying up north for the game at York.
If you are flying to Manchester Newcastle or Leeds feel free to message me for details of transfers to avoid being ripped off as some Pompey fans were earlier this season.
Basically don't be ripped by the airport taxis as there are other better options available.
Also if any are staying over I can give you a heads up on accommodation , pubs and restaurants to use or avoid.
The points coming to us should be your only disappointment of the trip !

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member

Looking forward to it. £32.60 return ain't to be sneezed at. Clap clap from me (and the Missus for the journey but she's being a tourist instead of a supporter once she gets to York!).

York

Plenty for her to do as well as shopping. Minster, bar walls , museums and any number of good public houses to visit.
No point giving all the savings to the retailers !

Also if any are staying over I can give you a heads up on accommodation , pubs and restaurants to use or avoid.
The points coming to us should be your only disappointment of the trip !
Last year I got a good deal in the Park Inn £60, I've been looking since November and its gradually gone up from £120 to £180, even Travelodge is around £120 & most hotels are a lot more. I eventually managed to get in at a b&b near the football ground. Is there some other event going on that weekend?

York

Not that I am aware of but in amongst various festivals etc we are now inundated by stag and hen trips most weekends.
B&B near ground will be as good as anywhere as only 10 min walk to all city centre boozers to drown your sorrows !
Plenty of food options on way back later in the night.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
After the Southend game how could I not?

Clap clap from me!