The Things You Need to Know – Bootham Crescent
- York City FC, Bootham Crescent, York, YO30 7AQ
- Stadium size: 7,872 of which seated is 3,409
- What is the stadium like: A traditional old ground feeling its age. Some modernisation has taken place.
- POTG or ticket entry. Pay on the gate. Adult £16, Concessions £10, Transfer to seating area £1
- Ticket information can be found on the official site (nearer the time) – Here.
- Bar inside the ground? No.
- what is the away end like? Open terrace, so with no roof difficult to create an atmosphere. Even the gents lacks a roof! But a great city to visit and probably worth considering an overnight stay.
- arrangements for disabled supporters. 26 spaces in the main stand with the home fans. Check for information here. Helpers may not be sat beside you.
- Sat Nav post code: YO30 7AQ. Directions from St James Park to the Bootham Crescent here.
- Mileage: 293 miles each way, fuel costs in the region of £108. Likely travel time 5 hours each way.
if travelling by train you will need to go to York station, which is about a 20 minute walk to the ground.
Train from Exeter St Davids. 2 singles at £39 each, total £78.00. Departing Exeter St Davids at 08.23 arriving in York at 13.26. Returning from York at 17.44 arriving home at 22.43.
more information on travel can be found here – Ground Guide.
- Tourist Information Board website: VisitYork.
Any decent pubs? Far too many good ones to choose!
For a Wetherspoon, try The Punchbowl. About 5 minutes from the station, and the opposite direction from the football ground. The Maltings, which is a short walk from the station and on the way to Bootham Crescent is also a popular pub for Exeter City fans.
There is a supporters Club at the ground that generally admits away fans, and serves a real ale.
The Tap and Spile comes recommended. As does the Old Grey Mare.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.