• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yanic Wildschut

Leads

It's a useful signing because he's an international and he makes up 1/3 of our tally required to get games postponed when there's international breaks. Much needed at a time of the season when injuries and/or form are usually bad.
I fear this is a factor!

Boyo

It's a useful signing because he's an international and he makes up 1/3 of our tally required to get games postponed when there's international breaks. Much needed at a time of the season when injuries and/or form are usually bad.
I think managers, players and clubs would rather play on the Saturday than push games back to mid-week later in the season, creating 3 games in 8 days. Obviously no-one wants players to be missing, but to deliberately sign players to get games postponed seems very far stretched to me.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think managers, players and clubs would rather play on the Saturday than push games back to mid-week later in the season, creating 3 games in 8 days. Obviously no-one wants players to be missing, but to deliberately sign players to get games postponed seems very far stretched to me.
I don't think we're doing that, but... if you've got two internationals and theyre amongst your most important players, it's a bit of a kick in the chops to play and miss them.

Boyo

I don't think we're doing that, but... if you've got two internationals and theyre amongst your most important players, it's a bit of a kick in the chops to play and miss them.
Indeed. And that's what happened vs Orient at home. Sinisalo and Niskanen were both with Finland and we were forced to play 16 year old Richards as a starter.

Grecianpasty

A good move for all parties. Not one you would want to rely on for 90 minutes, but an excellent option from the bench.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I doubt he's signed to be a bit part player. Perhaps if he can get fit and stay fit he'll be a regular.

robchave

Football is now a 16-man team game and having players that can only give high intensity for less than 90 minutes is no longer the problem it was. Yanic fits into this category and is very effective adding physicality in the final third in the later stages of a game. For me, an extremely useful 'finisher' and well worth a place in the squad.

AndyR

He certainly won me over. I went from thinking 'meh' when he was on the team sheet to being disappointed when he wasn't playing or at the very least on the bench. Great to have you here for another year Yanic!