• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wycombe Wanderers FC v Exeter City FC Match Day Thread

Lager Lout

Well-known Exeweb poster
What drinking culture?

But on a serous note im as disapointed as anybody but i feel some where hitting the panick button far to early and again people just smash the panic button. If we are in this position in late march then fair cop worry.

Even if we do go down we go down. It happens. Would suck but would be life
Better to address the problem now rather than in March.

LL

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
21 points from 22 games. One things for sure, a point a game ratio won't be enough to keep us up ..looking at the records in last ten years , Walsall's 48 from last year is the lowest amount of points in the last decade (and more) to actually keep a team up. Everything else has been 50/51.

On light of todays altercation with tis & fans, I remember a certain away game v Brighton (i think) a couple of years back were the players/ manager got absolute dogs abuse from fans..done us no harm in end ..we went on a run that kept us up!

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bit rude I thought, or are you one of those who has grown up only in the Tisdale era and cant remember when we were previously poor. As for your four letter words, do by all means call out the moaners uts a free world after all!
Nope, I've seen the bad and boring times as well. It's high time Tisdale stood up for himself against the boo boys. Well done that man.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Got no problem with Tisdale sticking up for himself and the team, he does it far too much though, the players look like they get an easy ride with him in charge.

Maybe he should be able to take the stick as well as the praise though.

dommers

Maybe he should be able to take the stick as well as the praise though.
I'm sure he can. It seems like there's an awful lot of fuss on here when he has a go at the fans.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's the point Jay, he shouldn't have to.

Have you ever seen the signs on the bus saying "abuse against our employees will be prosecuted"?? In any other career or professional job you have a legal right to not be verbally abused while trying to do your job. If someone spoke to me at work in the way that I've heard people shouting at Tisdale I'd f*cking take them to the cleaners. They'd be unemployed quicker than you can say "join the back of the dole queue". Why do you think it's f*cking OK to treat professional sportsmen any differently?

Shouting at players is not only demoralising and immediately detrimental to their performance but is also socially irresponsible. If you have a problem with the way the team is playing or the manager performing, voice it eloquently and politely, ideally in a f*cking letter.

I don't know why I've dignified you with a response though, I wouldn't spit on you if you were on fire.

Last edited:

Hammer44

21 points from 22 games. One things for sure, a point a game ratio won't be enough to keep us up ..looking at the records in last ten years , Walsall's 48 from last year is the lowest amount of points in the last decade (and more) to actually keep a team up. Everything else has been 50/51.

On light of todays altercation with tis & fans, I remember a certain away game v Brighton (i think) a couple of years back were the players/ manager got absolute dogs abuse from fans..done us no harm in end ..we went on a run that kept us up!
After that game Tis and co had a fans forum and cleared the air. His formations and his choice in one or two players at the moment are baffling and the players need to get there act together.

Grecian_Jay

Have you ever seen the signs on the bus saying "abuse against our employees will be prosecuted"?? In any other career or professional job you have a legal right to not be verbally abused while trying to do your job. If someone spoke to me at work in the way that I've heard people shouting at Tisdale I'd f*cking take them to the cleaners. They'd be unemployed quicker than you can say "join the back of the dole queue". Why do you think it's f*cking OK to treat professional sportsmen any differently?

Shouting at players is not only demoralising and immediately detrimental to their performance but is also socially irresponsible. If you have a problem with the way the team is playing or the manager performing, voice it eloquently and politely, ideally in a f*cking letter.

I don't know why I've dignified you with a response though, I wouldn't spit on you if you were on fire.
Are you braindead? Just wondering.

In response to your point then I guess you have never shouted at a referee or an opposing player? People don't pay to come and watch you work. Football is not comparable to any standard industry. The players, staff etc all get a choice to be in that profession and they get many perks to do so

malcolms

Classic D lock.... he moans about PT and the players being verbally abused and then uses most unpleasant and nasty language to Jay...Perhaps you should have sent him a letter...

stumpynadge

Just weighing up the pros and cons of relegation. (not that I want it to happen obviously)

Maybe a season with derbies against Torquay, Bristol Rovers and...ahem, Plymouth wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Could be a bit of fun with the play-offs as well.

What will be, will be.