• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wycombe v Exeter City Matchday Thread

denzil

We're in serious trouble.
.............and the rose tinters are where tonight ?

dontpassback

The bunkers must be nearly full up !

contrabombarde

Hats off to Geoffwp. He knew the writing was on the wall.

denzil

Well the win at Stevenage was a stepping stone to...................2 defeats without a goal being scored.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
The commentators got it spot on with their analysis today... we let in too many soft goals, we don't score enough goals and Lloyd James isn't good enough in midfield. :(

denzil

The commentators got it spot on with their analysis today... we let in too many soft goals, we don't score enough goals and Lloyd James isn't good enough in midfield. :(
Most of us knew that before the end of August.

Well-known Exeweb poster
not sure 007, I always thought subs were part of the 90 mins and the clock didn't stop for that but I never was one for knowing all the rules !!
yeah splitting hairs , but an extra ? secs could have played a part, it didn't,,, but,

Cowshedder

Why wait until we go 1-0 down with 5 mins to go before bringing on Wheeler? Clueless!

denzil

Why wait until we go 1-0 down with 5 mins to go before bringing on Wheeler? Clueless!
For the simple reason (I suppose) he was settling for a 0 - 0 prior to Akinfenwa's goal. How many years since you (Grimsby) won at City Les ? I'd have a few quid on that :)

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not sure why Rose Tinters should get it in the neck, they are certainly not where the finger should be pointed, they didn't give the manager a 2 year roller, they don't have the ability to sack the manager, and they don't have the ability to convince him to resign. Maybe you should be asking where are the Trust, where are the Club Board, I don't see any press release WHATSOEVER from either about the current state of affairs. F___n joke :)