• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wycombe v Exeter City Matchday Thread

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tagg is just as clueless as Tizzy. But he'll wait and wait hoping things will change. Tisdale can't resign: has to wait to be fired to cop his winfall. I don't see how Tizzy could motivate the players at this stage. In fact i think over the years he has done a good job dismotivating them: dropping players after they have played good games, sticking with players who were not up to it (favoritism), playing players out of their natural positions, having a defensive outlook. I think over the last 5 years overall he has been an awful manager. Clueless and incompetent, but at the same time arrogant and stubborn. It 's no disgrace to fail, but it is to try to con your way out of it by grasping at ever shorter straws and by treating the fans as fools.Tizzy : you have failed It's ok - life goes on. Let it be and find a new life.

manc grecian

tbh ,, think with ?? minutes to go a point didnt seem to be a bad option we were holding them, so one way of looking at it was no reason to change the shape, the goal changed it, so then he had to change it. as for the resignation , who knows, rumor has it he's offered it b4 but it hasnt been accepted.
We were holding them? Its Wycombe Wanderers in League 2 not Real Madrid in the champions league. If you go out with the mindset of keeping it 0-0 for 90 mins then more often than not you will lose.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
He mentioned the next game,so can't believe he will walk before then.

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree the change was needed after the goal 007, but he could have brought them both on at the same time, he brought McAllinden on with about 90 seconds of normal time to go when he could have just done the double substitution about 5 minutes earlier. Seems illogical and desperate to me, and maybe he had set himself a personal target to get at least something before a ball was kicked ?. Anyways, just seen the post match interview on Facebook, the strain and stress is now extremely evident, I hope he does the right thing now both for himself and everybody else. The right thing is resignation, he knows the impact on the club if he is sacked, and the club has stood by him for a long time and been very patient and therefore done the right thing by him in a weird way, so he should reciprocate now. And I have always been supportive of him, but that dark cloud is hanging over everybody now and is very depressing for most supporters, and also very unhealthy for the club in business terms. Do it Paul....
would bringing subs on at different times make more added on time? very untisdale like but just a thought.

Well-known Exeweb poster
anyone got a link for the post match interview

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I think we were holding out for the 1-0 defeat.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We're in serious trouble.

denzil

i think we were holding out for the 1-0 defeat.
success then :)

Well-known Exeweb poster
We were holding them? Its Wycombe Wanderers in League 2 not Real Madrid in the champions league. If you go out with the mindset of keeping it 0-0 for 90 mins then more often than not you will lose.
ok it was 0-0 with tennish mins to go,and they didnt seem to be causing us any significant problems, what do you do?

Avening Posse

would bringing subs on at different times make more added on time? very untisdale like but just a thought.
not sure 007, I always thought subs were part of the 90 mins and the clock didn't stop for that but I never was one for knowing all the rules !!