• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Worst TV programme (on any channel)

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
By any quantifiable standard, Friends is funny. Ten series with six main characters, yet still landing decent gags scene after scene - that's bloody good comedy writing.
So, what was funny about it. Other than canned laughter?

Alistair20000

I quite liked the American comedy “Soap” 1977-1981 that took the pi*s out of soaps.

IndoMike

Whilst America often p*sses me off, I must say I found both "Seinfeld" and "Curb your Enthusiasm" very funny, especially the latter.

les.gtfc

By any quantifiable standard, Friends is funny. Ten series with six main characters, yet still landing decent gags scene after scene - that's bloody good comedy writing.
It's not my idea of funny anyway, that's programmes like Fawlty Towers and Phoenix Nights and although they reckon Friends is filmed in front of a live audience, the canned laughter is just so bloody annoying.

iscalad

It's not my idea of funny anyway, that's programmes like Fawlty Towers and Phoenix Nights and although they reckon Friends is filmed in front of a live audience, the canned laughter is just so bloody annoying.
It always seems that American comedy is slightly forced. Hence laughter tracks.

Colesman Ballz

It always seems that American comedy is slightly forced. Hence laughter tracks.
Totally agree Isca. I don't know which is worse the Yanks or the Germans with their complete lack of humour ?

Swanaldo

Canned laughter is feckin' dire wherever you come from.

glos_grecian

Hunted. It’s all made up